Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lipstick Week: Day 3 Cool Red - YSL Glossy Stain in 11 Rouge Gouache

I go back to the well, the smelly well, and try out the second shade in my YSL Glossy Stain sampler.  Today for Lipstick Week, I take on a bright cool red, Rouge Gouache.
This is a pretty stunning shade.  The pigmentation of this particular shade is super rich and goes on much more opaque in one swipe than Rouge Laque from yesterday.  Also, the intensity of the glossiness in this shade is pretty impressive.  I like how the swatch looks on my arm than I do on my face though.



Cool tones generally offer a higher level of contrast against my skin and for Rouge Gouache, the opacity makes it a very intense shade indeed for me.  Here it is on my lips.

This is a red a bit outside my tolerance level.  It is quite stunning though.  It does make my lips be the ultimate standout feature on my generally neutral face and quite more STATEMENT-screaming than the easier Rouge Laque.

Here I am, gazing into the zombie hoard descending into the suburbs:
Here is a side by side comparison of the two reds from this week so far.  The more neutral Rouge Laque on the left and the much cooler Rouge Gouache on the right.  Same thoughts on the wear, comfortable feel, and yes, same putrid smell as I wrote previously.
What's your red comfort zone?  Sheer or opaque?  Warm, neutral or cool?  Glossy or matte? 

8 comments :

  1. You look far too beautiful to be eaten by zombies. You'd escape for certain.

    This is one of the shades that interested me the most and your photos just make me wonder why I haven't picked this up yet. It's intense, but I'm a fan of intense lips, so I think it would be right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the zombies descend, I'm hoping to turn into a zombie sooner rather than later. :D

      It's an incredible looking red. I think it would be stunning on your coloring, too, Kate!

      Delete
  2. That's the look of somebody who's fortified her home with a million weapons. >)

    I want nothing more than to wear red statement lips, but upper lip is a lot shorter than my lower lip and strong lip colours highlight how trapezoidal they are. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weapons (my fluffy brushes) and canned foods! :D
      Oh pooh. I bet you can wear reds, but I bet you rock a statement eye ball?

      Delete
  3. I'm pale and cool-toned with dark hair, and Rouge Gouache is my HG red. I get so many compliments every time I wear it, though I have to be in a certain mood--it does attract attention.

    As for the scent, the first time I tried the glossy stains at Sephora, I was convinced that the one I was swatching had gone bad. Then I realized that the stains were actually supposed to smell like that. After a year, though, I've come to enjoy the putrid old-wine/rotten-roses scent. It feels decadent (in the original sense of "decayed").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Decadent!" Exactly the right word and the best usage, ever! <3
      I do love a siren red, it's a matter of mood and occasion. I do agree!

      Delete
  4. Woah, you are gorgeous in that red! Get into that particular comfort zone right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you, LP! I have no issues wearing vamps, I'm not sure what my dealio is with bright blue reds.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...