Thursday, August 8, 2013

Addiction Eye Shadow in Crow and Kohl Eyeliner in Arabian Nights

Are you sick of my Addiction obsession yet? 

Well I can't help myself.  My addiction went from this.
to THIS:
How nice.  Addiction very nicely accomodated my burgeoning obsession by making each single case instantly depottable so that they can be neatly placed into these sleek customizable palettes.  Thank you, Easter Bunny.
Yum.  Naked elbow in the mirror.  HOTTTT
In addition to the eye shadow singles, the palettes also hold these pressed kohl eyeliners, and even though there are some sumptous looking color combinations from the brand, I went for Arabian Nights.  (Is it just me or does using similar names in product confuse you?  Arabian Ruby and Arabian Nights.  Revenge, Revenge and Revenge)
 
Arabian Nights (as do all the kohl eye liners) come in a split pan and with a deep black with a warm red shimmer and a burgundy with what seems to me like tonal red and rose gold shimmer.  These are intensely pigmented and care must be had in placing the kohl onto your applicator and when applying.  You know that trick of placing a tissue under your eye when applying eye stuff to catch fall out?  Not a bad thing to do when applying this.  I always do my base makeup first, so I've experienced accidentally smearing a streak of black fallen pigment across my cheeks!  I meant to do that.  It was a "look."  These are soft and smooth and blend beautiful and easily used as a eye shadow.  Apart from this tiny thing to me mindful of, the colors actually adhere very well once you place them and will not fall out during the day.

Super simple eyes here.  Shiseido Ghost on the lids, slightly past the crease.  The black kohl close to the lash line and then the burgundy placed in parallel above the black.  (rudimentary.  tah dUH)

And rounding out this post, here is one more of my eye shadow singles.  This one is Crow, an ME (metallic shade).
"CAW CAW."  Always amusing to me are the very, very funny names for what groups of certain animals are called.  A group of Crows is called a "murder."  Very sinister sounding.  A group of ravens (which I constantly confuse with Crows) is called an "unkindness."  Even odder, though just SO apt, is a group of baboons is called a "congress."  This last one is disputed, but I will go with it because it's just too funny.

.... I got distracted.

Anyway, Addiction Crow is a metallic shade on a super deep black base.  It has the most lovely blue green shimmer.  I die.  And like the other ME shades I own (Fudge, Concrete Jungle and Arabian Ruby), the silky pigmentation, the color payoff and intense complexity are all well present.

Shall we move on to the swatches?
Slightly angled my arm a bit differently, which shows the shimmer a bit better.

Very important question for the day:
So what IS the difference between Ravens and Crows, anyway?

I have Friday off work, so today is my Friday.  Dance dance dance.  Hope you are all happy and doing well. 

12 comments :

  1. I love crows.

    This might answer your question and crow vs raven (and many more, if you have them):
    http://www.birds.cornell.edu/crows/crowfaq.htm#raven

    I'm babbling on about crows because I'm trying to resist an Addiction addiction... stop tempting me, you temptress!



    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this link! Now I know for sure that I'm seeing/hearing crows in my neighborhood. caw caw. They are noisy suckers.

    You know what's not noisy? Crow eye shadow. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting crow but not sure how I'm going to use it lol
    I think I just go...oh pretty! *buy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOO, all pretty things MUST be used! Well, that's what I'm trying to live by. Crow is purdy purdy! Caw Caw

      Delete
  4. LOL all the Crow v.s. Raven discussion.. the Toddler just refers to all of them as the "Caca Birds" maybe because they do poop a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they are drunk on your PNW fruit and pooping all over the place. LOL at the Todder's Caca Birds. LOLOL!

      Delete
  5. This is so me ! i love that burgundy shade on you ;D

    come on ichy !! I NEED ADDICTION GOODIES :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I'm drooling over crow. The duochrome is too yummy too pass. Your blog successfully drools me to get Addiction eyeshadow! If only it is more easily available..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crow is sooooo nice. I think I'm going to zero in on the ME shades going forward though. The other formulas seem a bit more hit or miss.

      Delete
  7. Love the ruby shade. I have the other duo liner in Night Dive from Addiction - texture and wear superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue in that liner is beauuuutiful! :D you are lucky to have that one!!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...