Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Suqqu Balancing Eyebrow 01 Moss Green & Suqqu Eyebrow Brush G

Don't run.  It's not green at all.  I'd shown you the brow products I already use and have repurchased time and time again here, but I wanted to try something easier.  I love the brow pen type of products, because with some meticulous drawing, the final effect is very natural.  After all, I've just spend many minutes drawing on what feels like individual hairs.  I had used powder brow products with a brush before, so I decided to try the Suqqu Balancing Eyebrow palette in Moss Green.
 My brow pen is in the middle.  To go with the brow palette, I picked up the eyebrow brush G.
I apologize for the quality of my pan pictures.  In a word: doooooo.  The colors look ridiculously off.  In reality, the left pan is a soft muted brown with a tinge of warmth.  The middle shade is a very cool brown.  Maybe this is the color that gives this palette the Moss Green name, but it's not green.  It's just a very cool brown.  The right side color is a pan of softly tan brown that is used as a contour (or to very lightly shade the inner part of your brows).  There are two little brushes included in this palette, a small firm angled brush as well as a flat, slightly fluffy one.  The fluffy is useful for applying the contour shade along my nose.
I'm also showing today the Suqqu Eyebrow Brush G.  They have an S brush, as well as an L which vary in size and function, but G seemed to be a good all-arounder for my purposes.  You can see from the pictures below that it has a sofly angled head and the bristles taper together into a slight edge.
The hairs are firm, but with springy give and the bristles themselves are smooth and soft.  Nice trick to be soft and firm at the same time.  This brush a particularly great at applying a very well-defined line to the edge of your brows for a super clean look, without making them look painted on.  It's great for blending color on the brows themselves and filling in any sparse patches, but it seems its real talent is drawing on that beautiful edge.
Now back to the brow palette and the colors.  I used the brush to pick up the color and show you.  The left side shade is slightly warm and the middle shade is cool.  I'm not sure I can see any green in it, but it's a fabulous shade for my cool, almost black hair.  I've also shown you how the two colors look blended together.  It's nice to be able to customize the shades to suit one's hair coloring and get a bit more versatility out of this.

The pigmentation is not very strong, but very natural.  It's hard to go overboard on my brows with this product.  I even like the light tan shade, which does make s nice contour shade and also adds an additional color option for the brows as well.
I thought a comparison to some of my other eyebrow products might be useful.  The Shu Uemura pencil in Seal Brown is cool enough to be natural on my brows, but very warm when compared to the other products.  I really adore the K Palette & the Suqqu Brow pen.  If anything, these are truly tinged green, unlike the Suqqu brow palette.  These pens would be excellent for those looking for a truly cool dark color.
Here is the Suqqu Balancing Eyebrow in Moss Green in action, using the Suqqu Eyebrow Brush G.  I have fairly strong brows to begin with, so the after is not particularly dramatic, but I do really like the polished look my brows have in the after picture.

I mentioned the defined line to the brows and I think you can see that in the after picture, especially on the top of the brows.  It looks very defined, but not overly done. 
I'm not sure I'm actually saving any time using this palette, but I do really like the softly defined look.

Have you tried any of these products?  What's your go-to for your very best eyebrows?

If you are new to Wondegondigo, or looking to see where you can actually buy Suqqu, check out my post here.  This post shows some options on how to go about finding Suqqu, which has a very limited distribution and is not sold in the US...or most places, actually.  Grrr.  I was the fortunate recipient of the kindness of Nicole from Swatcharama who purchased this for me at Selfridges.

24 comments :

  1. This one looks very natural. I have a similar brow palette from Chanel but its colors are definitely more on the cooler side, so this one looks very good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried Chanel, YSL, Urban Decay palettes before. Everything tends to look oddly red on me. I love these Asian products which really work well for cool dark shades! :) thanks, Sara. I love this palette!

      Delete
  2. I love the brow pen. Mine is still going strong after almost a year. I want the powder palette and the brush tooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Suqqu pen is at least 8 months use and still going strong, too. These things last foreverrrrrr. :) I like that since its so ridiculously expensive!

      Try the palette! They also have that really large L brow brush. How does one use such a huge brow brush? DOes not compute!

      Delete
  3. It looks wonderful on you! I find that the more time I spend on my brows, the less I spend on actual eye makeup. So it's really a time-saver, right?? (I think I need more coffee.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more coffee, too! :) I don't save time on anything even with good intentions. My routine just gets longer and longer and longer.

      I remember a great thread on the everyday beauty forum on cool light brow colors. I'm so glad I don't have to do that search. I have my cool dark colors and SOOOO grateful!

      Delete
  4. That looks truly lovely on you, belleh! I have the brow powder palette in 02 Brown, and I think I should've purchased the 01 Moss Green instead. The brow pen continues to turn my eyebrows yellow, sobsob, so I thought I'd give the Stila one in Medium a whirl and got... GREEN BROWNS INSTEAD, which I suspect will happen with the 01 Moss Green brow pen. SOBSOBSOB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH, I wonder what in the green pens making you so green-browed?! I'm not stifling my giggles right now. I'm NOT. Really, truly, I'm NOT. *kphhuhhuhukkk*

      Delete
  5. I really like how this looks on you :) do you reckon I could use it on my blonde brows or too dark?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think unless you're a dark blonde, this may be too dark for you. Have you seen the brown version of this palette? I wonder if it would work for fairer shades.

      Delete
    2. I was thinking the brown one would be darker but will have a look for reviews, thanks :)

      Delete
    3. :) yw! I've not seen them in person so I dunno.

      Delete
  6. Still a Suqqu virgin here but I agree about khaki/slight greenish tinge to brow. One of my best brow pencil, oddly enough is Clinique Khaki eyeliner. Do you have the brown version of this palette? I wonder how they compares. Thanks for the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Kate the Driveller uses the palette, but not sure if she uses the green or the brown one.
      I'm so glad you liked the post, Claire! :)

      Delete
  7. Hey Bellyhead,
    I have the same Suqqu eyebrow palette as what you have here. It's my fave as it lasts for the whole day for me and the shade looks very natural on me. I have tried several brands like Benefit, Chanel or Shu Uemura, but none of them match the shade and the quality of Suqqu eyebrow powder. I love Suqqu! (If only it's more easily available :p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does last so well!! I love how natural it looks, too. I think this is going to last years and years, so I won't need to worry about buying it again so soon!

      Delete
  8. I used to use the K Palette brow pen in Brown Black (I think), but now I'm trying the Kose Esprique Liquid Eyebrow (GY002 Ash Grey). Both are great; however, they're difficult to get so I've been "saving" my pen. (Stupid, I know.) My other go-to brow products are the Kate Kanebo Automatic Brow Pencil (BK) and the Lioele Artist Auto Eyebrow Pencil (03 Grey Black). My first brow product is the Urban Decay Brow Box (Beige Betty). I don't reach for it often as I find pens and pencils do the job more quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you buy your Japan things on Adambeauty? It would be great if the Western brands made some truly cool brunette shades. These marker/pen formats are really great.

      Delete
    2. I'm a lucky girl and my aunt picked up the brow products for me when she was in Hong Kong. I've yet to try Adambeauty. Have you? What were your experiences with them?

      Delete
    3. I've never ordered from Adambeauty but I've heard that they are a good retailer. If I ever get back to Asia, going to need to make a big drugstore run for brow markers!

      Delete
  9. Hi bellyhead, what do you think of the contour shade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very warm for a contour shade, so doesn't look very natural I think. But the texture is nice and smooth and the little enclosed brush is perfect for applying contour on the sides of the nose. :D

      Delete
    2. Ohh thnx for replying! By very warm you mean the contour shade is very yellow undertoned? I am happy to hear the Suqqu little brushes are very well made!

      Delete
    3. Yes, it's a yellowy tan/brown shade. :) Those little enclosed brushes from SUQQU in all their products are really very nice. Excellent on-the-go brushes.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...