Monday, July 8, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick in Fluttering Sighs

Rouge Bunny Rouge makes one heck of a lovely sheer lipstick.  The color Murmurings was featured a long time ago and it is still well loved and used.  I have several of these beautifully moisturizing, sheer and well pigmented lipsticks.  While Murmurings has no shimmer in it, Fluttering Sighs has some spectacular shimmer.  It is beautiful and not in anyway tacky or over the top.  (Not that there is anything wrong with that).

I am not so enamored with depotting makeup that I normally depot lipsticks.  Fluttering Sighs, however, I've put it in a MUJI pillbox a la Kate the Driveller.  Please do read her lipstick depotting post.  I may have gasped in horror/glee/turned-on-ness.
This particular lipstick color is soft.  Soft like room temperature butter.  (Butter makes everything better)  Murmurings has a particularly juicy formula and feel, but Fluttering Sighs is even more meltingly soft.  I used it straight from bullet to lips (which is what I normally do. I only use brushes for dark colors) and it pretty much smooshed down.  I was afraid in a few more uses, it would break off completely.  I asked the brand via Twitter about it's consistency and they told me that yes indeed, it is supremely soft and that using a lip brush is recommended.
(L) Normal Rouge Bunny Rouge Lipstick (R) Decapitated Fluttering Sighs
Rouge Bunny Rouge describes Fluttering Sighs as "shiny tea rose warmed with gold shimmer."  It seems that tea roses of the botanical kind comes in all sorts of shades.  In this instance, Fluttering Sighs is an incredibly pretty light peach well saturated with fine and dimensional gold shimmer.
The recommended apparatus, in this case my Tom Ford Lip Brush
This shade adores the light and really shows a beautiful shimmer.  Do click on these pictures below.  You really want to see how pretty this color really is.  It is at once serene and sophisticated but still enlivened by its soft golden shimmer.

 Some shimmer lipsticks have a very gritty feel from the glitter particles, but Fluttering Sighs does not.  While I do feel a little bit on my lips, it is not very noticeable nor bothersome.  And when the color wears away, which is in about 2 hours (short, but it IS a sheer lipstick), it does not leave tell-tale shimmer particles behind.
I mentioned how awesome this formula is on my lips, and Fluttering Sighs also feels great.  I feel that my lips are softer and more moisturized after a day of wearing this lipstick.  It is formulated with Manoi butter, Vitamin E and Hop extract to condition your lips.  It is a scented lipstick, by the way, which a spicy clove scent.  (Feels a bit like Christmas when I sniff this)

Zuneta was a big key to my introduction to this brand, but they have since fallen into Cult Beauty which no longer carries the brand.  I am lamenting a bit!  Zuneta had really responsive customer service and were so generous with samples.  I wouldn't have fallen so in love with so many things if I didn't get a chance to nibble a bit in advance of purchasing.  Wahhhh!

Rouge Bunny Rouge is available in the US via Beautyhabit.  And also via Beauty Bay.  It is also carried by Rouge Bunny Rouge's web shop.  When the web shop first launched, their international shipping rates were prohibitively expensive.  They have since recently lowered the purchase thresholds for less expensive shipping and also offer some nice gifts with purchases from time to time.

Amazing formula, beautiful color.  Love love love.  I only wish it weren't so fragile in the case.

Have you tried any Rouge Bunny Rouge lipsticks?

18 comments :

  1. I think this shade might be too warm for me, but I definitely want to try more of the RBR lipsticks in this formula.

    Losing Zuneta has been such a disappointment. I'm sure that Cult Beauty is great, but there's no RBR, no Le Metier de Beaute, no Edward Bess, no Hourglass (which I can get through Sephora, but which was cheaper at Zuneta). I really loved being able to get all of those brands in one place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These sheer ones are really nice. Good thing I like the scent. I can see how people would be yucked out by it.

      Apart from Hourglass, it looks like Beauty has the others. :/ I miss Zuneta.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kate! You can definitely find RBR and EB on Beauty Bay, and I believe that you can find Le Métier de Beauté there as well :) Hourglass is on SpaceNK along with other goodies, but overseas shipping is ridiculously high for absolutely no reason - 9 pounds.

      Delete
  2. Love the lipstick review. Just want to mention Beautybay didn't send a package of mine and they were not very helpful about what happened to it and they wanted me to send a photocopy of my passport to process a refund. I was not keen on giving them more personal information. Later on, my credit card was misused somewhere else and I've only ever used that card on their site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love hearing that you enjoyed the review. That does sound quite odd that they would ask you for your passport information to process a refund. I've never heard of a company doing that. I hope you were able to resolve the issue through your credit card company. I've not ordered via BB before so don't have any personal experience good or bad. Thankfully, many of the brands they carry are available in the US through other retailers.

      Delete
  3. Oh no this is such a pretty lipstick, but I don't think it will survive here in Manila! My heart is broken. Heh, not really but, fluttery sigh, it is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, I don't think it will do well in extreme heat either! I think it would melt into a puddle! Or you can decapitate it as I did! :)

      Delete
  4. Haven't had the pleasure of trying RBR lipstick, but this one looks promising. It looks sooooo smooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This color is soooooo pretty. I hope you get a chance to try one. So many pretty colors in the regular and sheer range.

      Delete
  5. beautiful sparkles! I've never tried anything from RBR but I always admire their beautiful packagings:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their bottled products especially are in such pretty packaging!

      Delete
  6. OMG the shade suits my liking so well! The packaging looks beautiful and I agree it melted just like butter. If only it could be eaten! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh! Maybe I should try spreading it on some toast. Yum!

      Delete
    2. Yeah it could be strawberry peanut butter jelly :p

      Delete
  7. Preaching to the butter choir, lady. This colour is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there anything butter doesn't make better?? :D

      Delete
  8. Truly a stunning color and it sounds like an awesome formula! I'm with you on the general sample and lower shipping fee. There're just so many good brands out there and accessibility is the key to be known with customers. I think I'll start RBR journey with a lipstick in stead of eyeshadows as previously planed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so heart breaking ugh
    WHY WOULD YOU DEPOT !! WHYYYYY

    sniff sniff

    I love the color tho ;D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...