Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Recent Looks Featuring Addiction, THREE and Kjaer Weis

I haven't had a lot of opportunity to go outside and take photos of products, but I did take some recent photos (yes, the dreaded "selfies") of dreadful cellphone quality.  I've been putting some products in high rotation and trying them out.  Some things have already been featured on the blog, and others are new and I'm trying out to gather my thoughts and will be featured later.

All looks have either AmorePacific CC compact or the Skinceuticals tinted sunscreen in it unless otherwise noted.  Brow is the Suqqu Balancing palette in Moss Green.  I've been well-tethered to my Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof mascara and just bought my 4th tube!  And of course, my beloved Ellis Faas concealer.

(picture heavy, AHOY!)

First look is mostly of Addiction items. 
Stuff Used
Eyes: Addiction Ready to Wear palette in Sugar Rusk, Tom Ford Eyeliner in Espresso (a staple for me if there ever was one).  Placed into a simple vertical gradient.
Cheeks: Revenge blush 
Lips: Revenge Cheek stick
Lots of Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Bronzer (02) all over the place.


 
Second look features several Kjaer Weis items.  Very pretty textures.  Not so sure about how these colors look on me.
Stuff Used:
Eyes: Kjaer Weis eye shadows in Wisdom, Pretty Purple & Charmed.  Pixi endless silky eye pen in Black Tulip.  A more crease + outer third type placement.
Cheeks: cream blush in Blossoming
Lips: can't recall!
LM Matte Radiance Bronzer again.  (LOVE)



Third is a mixture of Three and Addiction goods, recently aquired.  I'm trying to work some less neutral colors into my boring routine.  Lighting is rather poor in this picture.  In natural lighting, the eyes are really BLUE and PURPLE.

Eyes: Addiction eye shadows in Arabian Ruby, Sheltering Sky and Horizon.  Tom Ford Espresso liner.  Bizarre placement of weird stuff all over the place.  (edit: oops, I had it as Crow in there earlier, but corrected myself to Sheltering Sky.  That's the pigmented blue shade winging out)
Cheeks: THREE blush in 17
Lips: Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Flirt d'un Jour


Finally, fourth look featuring some more THREE. 
I'm wearing a sample of the new Chanel CC cream in B20.  Oh noes!  It sinks into my nose pores, caught on my flakes and was hard to blend!  Lasted well during the day though, but the nose thing makes it an automatic NO.  I say do NOT click to enlarge this picture and do not stare at my nose.  You're welcome.

Crap used:
Eyes: THREE Shimmering Eye Veil in 38, Le Metier de Beaute liner pencil in Champagne as base, Pixi Endless Silky pen in Black Tulip.  (I shall CONQUER that stupid wing.  I SHALL)  Placed as a wash and a wiiiiing.
Cheeks: THREE blush in 19
Lips: Suqqu Creamy Glow lipstick in 06 Umegasumi

For my friend, who makes most these looks possible, thank you!

I dunno.  Are these interesting or just another tedious exercise of ego causing you tears of boredom?  Should I just stick to product swatches?  Let me know.  I can handle the truth, I've spoken to the Colonel (a few good men reference, of course).

Any particular product you are interested in, please weigh in!  Ta-tah!

29 comments :

  1. I love this post!
    All of the looks are nice, my favorites are:
    Blush of #1,
    Skin of #2,
    Eyes of #3
    Lips of all! :-)))

    Go on! I want more pretty pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! I love the Revenges I have. :)

      Delete
  2. Number one is my favorite on you! The warm tones are really working for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm and smokey seems to be my sweet spot. plus Revenge. Revenge for everyone! :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with Martha, the first look is my favourite, but I really like all of them. And all of them are done with brands that I'm trying to resist...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so sad when I missed your FOTDs on MUB, so I'm overjoyed to see this here. :D How does Revenge look so muted as a lippie on you?? I've been wearing it a lot on my lips these days, but only blended out with a metric tonne of lip balm, and even so it glowed neon on my SO's DSLR.

    I surprise myself, but my fave is look no. 3 followed by no. 4! Despite the poor lighting, the blue and purple seem to brighten your complexion. Am a bit iffy about the Kjaer Weiss eyeshadow colours but I lurve the blush on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I am recycling all my photos! :) I desaturate everything, pretty much. I taupify and desaturate allll the colors. I dunno why? I can not imagine this being neon on me. *looks at bullet, shrugs*
      I'm wearing #3 today. I look positively garish!

      Delete
  5. You pull off bright blush so well -- the Addiction & THREE look so great on your face! I love all the looks, but probably #3 the most because blue eyeshadow = win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue eye shadows = WIN FOR LIFE! :)

      Delete
  6. Wowwww..I think my fav would be the last photo..I love the blush in it!!! You look pretty in all the photos, though...hmmm..I think I might have to dislike you for a few weeks..just for the prettttiness hmmmmmmmmmmmmph :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :DD AHAHA! That THREE blush is really really nice. I LIKE IT! :) You must love me, Rads. If it makes you feel better, I'm dumb as a pile of rocks and have a flatulence problem.

      Delete
    2. Ya..the flatulence problem I noticed on Twitter :D :D

      Delete
    3. That was a burp. You have your gaseous explosions confused, lady. XD

      Delete
  7. I think winged out shadows/liners suit you..a LOT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wined liners are challenging with hooded lids, ya know? Just kind of disappears. Also with age and the droopier lids....BLAGH!
      I'm liking the wingy shadows though. May need to rely on that s'more.

      Delete
  8. LOVE all 3, but especially #1 and #3. #2 isn't bad, but perhaps the shadow placement can be tweaked a bit. More FOTD please, or dare I say... tutorial?

    P.S. Re Chanel CC, I literally used the tiniest amount, tiny! and spread it over places I needed coverage much like a cream concealer but less pigment. I'm looking up to pair this with Chanel's Les Beiges (supposedly coming up soon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CLAIRE! I tried the Chanel CC again, and used the teeniest, tinest amount...only tiny dabs on where I needed coverage and then blended. MUCH better. Though that would totally make the SPF30 be useless (not that I don't wear another SS anyway). You ARE GENIUS, claire. GENIUS.

      Let me tutorialize right now: stick finger in pot of shadow, rub said finger all over lids. tah dah! XD

      Delete
    2. LOLOL the tuto! Now, that's a tutorial I can live with!

      I can't take credit for the CC method mentioned above, the SA told me to do so :-)

      Delete
  9. I Loved look # 1 and 4th look the most with suqqu lipstick! You look so beautiful! I so much wish that Suqqu makeup would be availeble in the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very very sweet and kind. thank you! I'm sort of glad Suqqu and all these Japanese goods are not readily available here. I would have a bigger spending concern than I currently do!

      Delete
  10. Wait, wait, wait, you can't remember the lip in the KW look???? WOMAN. REMEMBER EET. I'm not sure about the KW eyeshadows either... I think their naturally desaturated/taupey thing added to your skin's tendencies to the same make for too much taupe (yeah, I said it).

    Love the others <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *looks at my drawer of 50* Uh...can't...remember...uh.
      omg. I've reached "too-much-taupiness*!! This is uncredible. I've reached taupe plateau.

      Delete
  11. My fav of the lot has to be look #3. You should do more FOTDs and EOTDs, you know? We all like pretty pics ;) And pics, swatches and review of your THREE stuff pleeeease?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nonno! For sure! More swatches as soon as I can get children cooperation and some sunlight (minus the 100 degrees!).

      Delete
  12. the first look is my favorite! beautiful eyeshadows:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY so much, caise. I am loving makeup these days. so many goodies to play with.

      Delete
  13. More swatches of your addiction shadows please :)
    That suqqu lipstick is my favourite and its discontinued :( I wonder if they do the same shade in the new range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad these Suqqu CG's are discontinued but I'm looking forward to giving the new bright ups a try. :)

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...