Sunday, July 21, 2013

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon

These By Terry Ombre Blackstars are tenacious little suckers even on my oily lids.  I mentioned how my Misty Rock performed against Chanel Moon River in this post.  I also detailed Misty Rock a while ago here.  This is a pretty handy product for those needing an easy-to-apply color that lasts (and lasts and lasts and lasts).

I picked up Bronze Moon which is exactly the type of warm color that is more in my comfort zone than Misty Rock.

Bronze Moon is a deep brown with a tonal golden shimmer.
It does not lean red though, which is great for me.  I normally find red toned shades challenging to wear.  In the indirect natural light here.  The rounded crayon tip is a great swipe, smear and blend apparatus.  It's not terribly precise though, especially if you want to use multiple shades to do a more complex look, or to apply on the lower lash line.
In this picture below, I put up a comparison to Misty Rock.  Misty Rock is cooler in comparison and with a more intense multi-colored shimmer than the more sedate Bronze Moon.  On my skin, the warmer and more golden Bronze Moon is more complimentary and is more of a personal comfort fit.  However, both are beautiful in both color and shimmer.  They are so easy to wear intensely or sheered out.  They can be sheered out even more so than what I've shown below and makes a great single wash shade for your lids.  The complexity of Misty Rock though is verrrrry pretty indeed.
These make indestructible base for powder shadows as well.  However, I love how Bronze Moon makes the lazy but "done" eye look practically a one product look.  Add a liner and mascara, even better.

Fabulous pigmentation, smoothest of the smooth texture, beautiful shimmer and easy blendability.  Did I mention the lasting power of By Terry Ombre Blackstars?  It's made for lazybones like me.  Love it.

What's your favorite crayon-type eye shadows?  Have you tried the By Terry ones yet?

9 comments :

  1. I LOVE Bronze Moon and it's taken up permanent residence in my makeup bag, along with the other shades in my little collection of shadow sticks!! Misty rock looks beautiful...do you think it's too similar in color to have both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely different enough! MR has a cooler purpler tone to it and that shimmer is crazy pretty! WORTH IT! :)

      Delete
  2. Bronze Moon looks totally gorgeous! Where would you put it on the "shimmer" scale (ie can those of us who are, ahem, mature wear it)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say pretty high. I certainly wouldn't recommend Misty Rock (crazy high shimmer) and even Bronze Moon is pretty shimmery. Have you tried the Laura Mercier ones? Of the ones I have (Rosegold & Grey Pearl) which have some shimmer are a lot less blingy and probably more wearable. Although, close to the lash line, I'm guessing Bronze Moon may be ok.

      Delete
  3. Ugh. This is a really pretty color. Recently I discovered an online store in Germany which sells By Terry, I should check this out! Thanks for the review :-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check out By Terry Ombre Blackstars. Really lovely products as are the lipsticks! :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, both are soooooo gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! Want want want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been debating getting one of those sticks but was so puzzled on the color. with you and gummy loving this shade, i'll be sure to get that one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heart this shade! It's like the stick version of kakitsubata bronze on my lids

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...