Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Addiction Eye Shadow in Fudge

I really really do love some richly pigmented browns.  It's the easiest way to put on a polished face.  And for me, there are so many ways to go simple or smoky or complex.  I have a few lovely browns.  I thought Addiction Fudge might look to be an excellent fit among my browns and it sure does.
In taking the above pictures, I also think I probably should have compared to two of my Burberry eye shadow singles in Mulberry & Midnight Brown, but was looking at my palettes and not my singles.  Midnight Brown is more brown and less golden than Fudge, and the two Suqqus.  I think Mulberry is more purply than Bejewelled Skylark.  (my depotted things also get more use than singles.  Even Burberry singles)
Here's how Fudge stacks up against my other well-loved browns.  I think Addiction's ME formula and some of my Rouge Bunny Rouge have similar feels in the formula.  Both Fudge and Bejwelled Skylark feel smooth and are both strongly pigmented.  Suqqu has a lighter formula and look once applied on the eyes.
This indirect light picture shows the tonal differences in these four shades well.  Fudge is a nicely balanced brown that does not veer too red or green and has a beautiful golden sheen that lends it a good shot of warmth.  Both this and Flash Back are some of the nicest eye shadow formulas I've tried, experiencing no noticeable fall out and excellent blendability.
This is a fantastic basic color and Frudge has made a permanent home in the Belly pile.

Fudge fans?  Both chocolate and eye shadow kind?  All addictive!

16 comments :

  1. You have such lovely taste! That Kakitsubata brown makes my heart flutter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks you, Rosy! That beautiful Kakitsubata is so so pretty. Love that old suqqu texture.

      Delete
  2. I need to put ADDICTION fudge on my next ADDICTION to get list... how can I possibly miss this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cutie fishball, you MUST add it to your next buy. This is a fantastic one.

      Delete
  3. Fudge looks creamy -- I want to stick my finger through the computer screen and swatch that baby. Oooh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! WHen I think of Fudge, I just want to EAT it! :D

      Delete
  4. I skipped it before because it looks a lot like gold touch by Dior but I may get this next time I order more addiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are those the new Dior monos? How do you like them?

      Delete
  5. It's the old one. I don't like the new ones when I touched them at the counter and *cough have too many SUQQU and Burberry to go through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what mean you this "go through?" does not compute.

      Delete
    2. I have 5 untouched SUQQU palettes :P

      Delete
  6. The RBR and Fudge are my favorites, though all are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Catherine. Aren't they rich and beautiful? :)

      Delete
  7. I love brown eyeshadows in general and all of the above hit the sweet spot in my heart. *grab my heart* they're all lovely. How could you depot Suqqu? I would just have a heart attack if it breaks.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...