Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Grey Eye Shadows - Swatch Set

I recently purchased an eye shadow from Addiction, a grey one called Concrete Jungle.  I also recently featured Shiseido Ghost on the blog.  Shall we lay them out together and see how they compare?  Let's also throw in a few Suqqu shades and Rouge Bunny Rouge and see how they all pan out.  Here are the medium and light grey toned shades I have in my collection:
Suqqu grey from the Ginbudou eye shadow quad
Suqqu grey from the Keshizumi eye shadow quad
Shiseido Ghost
Addiction Concrete Jungle
Rouge Bunny Rouge loose pigment in Night Wind Sailing
Rouge Bunny Rouge matt eye shadow in Grey Go Away Lourie

The texture and finish of each of these shadows help each color differentiate one from another.  Depth and undertones also varies.
 Each of the Suqqus aren't really exceptionally unique shades in and of themselves, but within the context of their respective quads, they are pretty fabulous.  They are seriously smooth, with a slightly drier feel, but lasts and lasts and lasts.  Ginbudou's grey leans warm and charcoal.  Keshizumi's grey is light and silvery.

Ghost and Concrete Jungle look to be close relatives, don't they?  Texture wise they could not be more different; Shiseido has its patently uber-softness and airy pigmentation while Concrete Jungle seems a bit more packed tightly.  It also has a bit of a drier feel to me.  They swatch similarly here, but on my eyes, Ghost is lighter with a more shimmery finish, while Concrete Jungle is satiny with very sparse shimmer.  Ghost also has a hint of pale lavender.

The full on glitter of Night Wind Sailing is kind of in your face.  *shimmer shimmer POW!*  Despite its glitter, it applies smoothly with very little fall out and lasts very well on my lids (with my normal Nars primer).  Rouge Bunny Rouge's matte eye shadows have some of my favorite matte formulations, and Grey Go Away Lourie is no exception, being smoothly pigmented and creamy in feel.

One more shot?
With the Shiseido Ghost and Addiction Concrete Jungle being my newer additions, I am loving the crap out of greys these days.  What are some of your favorite grey eye shadows?

20 comments :

  1. I can see that different brand has different texture. I still like the swatch of Suqqu Ginbudou and RBR. Shiseido Ghost doesn't really attracts me as it looks too sheer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginbudou and RBR are pretty lovely! <33

      I really love Ghost. I'm surprised actually that it shows up so well on my lids. :) It's quite love paired with a bright red lip.

      Delete
  2. sooooo gorgeous!!!!!!!!! I only have Grey Go Away Lourie of that gorgeous collection. The grey/black from Burberry is also stunning- I have and love that one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you needs GHOST. A Pale Lovely and most Unspooky Ghost. Is Required.

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm I don't have any grey eyeshadows..I have a feeling they might just look ashy on me :| I liked the Shiseido and Addiction ones the most from your swatches swatches..Did you just dismantle the shadows from the Suqqu quad or can they be taken out that way???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet some of the deeper greys would be beautiful on you. :D Maybe the sparkledy sparkledy RBR pigment?

      The Suqqu quads have a little pinhole in the back. You just poke and then POP! Outcomes the pans.

      Delete
    2. I didn't know that! One of my older Chanel quads has the shadows all dislodged (I dropped the compact a couple of times)..and for a teeny bit of time I was really happy there was another pan-dismantler to keep me company :P

      Delete
    3. Hee hee! I dismantle where I can! :) Saves so much space.

      Aren't Chanel quads glued onto the compact cases without pans? Are there pans in those things?? Ooh, I'm developing disturbing ideas...

      Delete
    4. They are glued on..guess the force of the fall(s) dislodgedd the shadows out..but it came out so clean! I like to take them out once in a while to take photos the way you have done, but no they aren't meant to be taken out and don't have pans..

      Delete
  4. I have Ghost and Concrete Jungle. Concrete Jungle is one of my favourite eyeshadow. I absolutely love its finish... almost matte yet when applied shows a beautiful satiny sheen. Another grey that I love is Nars Lhasa. I like Ghost for its shimmers and lavender tone but I feel it lacks the complexity that I find in Concrete Jungle and Lhasa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nonno. Thanks for your comment! (Your profile picture is too cute)

      Concrete Jungle does have a lovely finish on the eyes. It is really pretty and I'm really glad to have made my recent Addiction purchase!!

      Delete
  5. I am sort of scared of greys but these are soooooo purdy
    must try to wear a grey shadow tomorrow
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Suqqu on the far left and the Shiseido look mighty purdy!!! I have the RBR one and I like it a lot, though I don't wear it often. For whatever reason I'm just not attracted to greys at first sight...hmmm...looks I need to reconsider!! Ha ha :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have the other RBR loose pigments? For some reason I don't wear them very often. I must have some sort of a loose pigment blind spot! :)

      Delete
  7. I realized I have very few of these sorts of colors, despite my HUGE collection of eyeshadows. Not sure why, as they're all pretty. I like the grey in the UD Naked palette, though it's quite a bit darker than these I believe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greys are a nice neutral alternative to the taupes and the browns. I am enjoying them these days. :)
      Naked 1 grey?

      Delete
  8. Greys can be a bit draining on me but I live the look of Ghost. Reminds me a little of Edward Bess Storm, one o my favourite colours period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know certain very cool-toned and opaque greys look like death on me, too. I wish I had a more definitive understanding of why colors look ok or not. Edward Bess old stuff! <3 those were really lovely products.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...