Monday, June 24, 2013

Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Taffetas 201

I'm looking for a lip-loving and well pigmented lipstick formula.  Did I find one in the new Givenchy Le Rouge? 

I've noticed that on my lips, which are generally low maintenance and not prone to dryness on their own seem particularly high maintenance in terms of lipsticks that are high pigment.  I can't tell if it's a particular ingredient or the actual pigmentation level itself, but many lipsticks seem to suck all the moisture out of my lips.  Shriveled prune lips: I rock it.  Recently, I've been preferring easy-to-wear and easy-on-prune-lips, sheer lipsticks... because that's WHY.
Le Mrrrreow-wow.  Le MEW!
Meanwhile, ooh, sexy leather case.  And metal.  All S&M.  Me like.
I recently got a tube of Rose Taffetas, which is described on Sephora as a Light Coral.
I guess it has some coral tones, but to me it is a bright warm pink.  In the swatches I hope you can see how incredibly pigmented these are.  This is a one-swipe swatch and there was no need to build up for you to fully appreciate the color.
It has a satiny and slightly matte finish on my arm (and lips!) without an unflattering super dry look.
My deep thoughts on the color:
So pretty on my arm!  So NOT pretty on my face.  I recently posted a look with this on my Shiseido Pink Sands post.  While truly a pretty color, there is too much white in the base and opaque pigment. Makes me feel like my lips have detached and been painted on my face.  Sounds like a weird statement, but I have a lot of pigmentation (cool and mauve and dark) on my bare lips and these whitened colors stand out very starkly on my lips.  While the color itself kind of "goes" with the rest of my face, it feels uncomfortably painted on my lips.  For my taste... I mean.  I don't know.  Looks...weird.  This looks exactly weird in the way that Burberry Primrose Hill Pink looks on me.

Speaking of not weird and just so beautiful, have you seen Driveller Kate and her post on this color?  It looks exquisite on her cooler coloring and just so flattering.  *plans face transplant*

My deep thoughts on the formula:
Yieee.  As my experience with so many other high pigmentation lipsticks, this also did my lips no favors.  (WHY PRETTY COLOR, WHY YOU DO THAT TO ME?!)  It felt incredible going on my lips.  It is so feather-light, with a bit of easy slip and that lovely pigmentation.  It has a lovely softly matte finish and a very light scent.  It dried my lips over the hours of wear.  One nice thing is that it lasted well into the day from my early morning application and faded evenly.

I won't be running out to buy another color in the near future.  Have you tried the new Le Rouges from Givenchy?

13 comments :

  1. LOL about the things you said about DrivellerKate: I had this with a Guerlain lipstick too and I have no idea why everything looks like perfection on her.

    I agree about it not being a perfect formula (I have the same colour)...Tom Ford does a better pigmented lip but his prices are overbudgetised. Perhaps Armani but the colours of Armani do not really speak to me....sight, the search to that perfect hipigmented rose continues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Kate's ears are burning today. :) She really makes every color look so clear on her. I tend to desaturate and muddy up EVERYTHING. D:
      I got rid one of TF and kept Black Orchid. They are beautiful, but they also really dry my lips up.
      I think I will check out Armani and ByTerry in person again. Maybe those will have some formulas that are more agreeable to me.

      Delete
  2. I liked it! I liked it on you..and I liked it on Drivels...I wanttts wanttts wantttttttts. And, I have one - a Sephora mini - and I love the texture...so yup..I wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going on, the Le Rouge feels SO nice. It's just the after....*shiver*

      Delete
  3. Actually, that shade doesn't look that bad on you, really, but I can see why this color works better on Kate's coloring. Sometimes some opaque lipsticks look funny on me, too. Case point was Chanel RA in Eclatante, a warm-toned bright pink, which normally would work well on my yellowish skin but somehow the opaque-ness makes it look unflattering. Anyhow.. I've never tried Givenchy, sadly my local Sephoras don't carry the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really pretty color! Do you think it's the opacity? I think it could be. I think there must be a good reason why I normally prefer sheerer shades.

      Delete
    2. I'm with you. Opaque lipstick (or lipsticks with too many white pigment mixed in) are unforgiving. I much rather use bright, bright but transparent lipstick. It doesn't mean that the color payoff is low (some of the bright lipsticks can be quite pigmented, as you may have found), but it will look so much better on.

      Delete
    3. I do love some very bright lipsticks that are very clear. It does look much better than this one.

      Delete
  4. I still think it looks purdy on you !
    Try 103 maybe ?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nay, LB! I *think* maybe the formula doesn't love me back. :(

      Delete
  5. aaah you've said everything i've subconsciously felt about opaque lipstick but never could articulate!!! With pigmented lips the colours seem to clash a lot with the pigment and in my lips and wear off unflatteringly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :/ pigmented lip people...UNITE!

      Makes me a little sad when there are such pretty colors like this one. They just don't work.

      Delete
  6. So, so pretty!!! I have madarin bolreo et beige plume!! Love those lippies!!! I am considering this one too, but there is one from D&G, same color, I think #60 form the Monica Belluci line...Sighhhhh

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...