Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer Duo in Samba

Bird of Paradise is the Summer 2013 collection from Dior and of all the offerings, I was enamored (and enameled!) by the nail polish duo Samba.

Let me bring your attention to the Samba nail polish duo which comes in a set of two teeny mini bottles of coordinating creamy green and metallic green.  This is my first Dior nail polish purchase and I am pleased with the colors and and long-lasting performance.
from Dior.com
The creamy green has a slightly thick formula that is still pretty easy to work with and it is opaque in nearly one coat.  The metallic green has a tinge of blue but still much greener than Chanel's Azuré and without the duo chrome of the Chanel's summer nail polish.  The formula is thin and sheer and a bit prone to leaving uneven patches when overworked with a brush.  I used the cream color as a base and it greatly improved the evenness of the metallic shade.  These pictures are after 5 days of wear and apart from a small amount of tip wear, it is going strong.

What do you think of green nail polish and other non-traditional colors?  Would you only wear them on your toes?  Do you wear them any time, any place?

Samba is a nice touch of summery brightness.

10 comments :

  1. I do think Dior does some of the most beautifully bright and vibrant summer shades and every year I say to myself "this year I will purchase" and then something else - usually a cleanser! - catches my eye and I move on. Thanks for this because you may have enabled/reminded/egged me on. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've resisted Dior nail polishes for so long. I don't know what I was resisting for!! They are lovely. Something other always gets me first, too. Jan, let me know how you like Samba if you get it.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love these on you! I purchased them too but while swatching the metallic shade stained my nails so now I am a bit cautious about using them. My bad, I never use base coat. Did you have staining too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it stain terribly?? :( I never seem to have staining anymore but I always wear a base coat. I use Button London's Nail Foundation (the pinky bottle) which is my favorite base coat.

      Delete
    2. Well, it was not terrible, just a little hard to remove and afterwards my nails were a bit darker LOL. I am too lazy for base coat, applying and waiting 5-10 more minutes but maybe I should get one for stain prone polishes.

      Delete
    3. I'm lazy, too! I never wait that long to dry a base coat before applying the color anyway.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty shades, I do like brighter shades, though don't tend to wear them to work. Thats very impressive after 5 days wear x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. impressive, right! It finally JUST chipped a bit on my right hand (my dominant hand).

      Delete
  4. I prefer the metallic green. I super like the color and how it shines. I will def try them on my toes and fingers. They are perfect for everyday wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the finish on the metallic green is very pretty and eye-catching. Super perfect for the summer! :) I hope you enjoy.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...