Friday, June 14, 2013

Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel - Swatch Set - QUICK!

I was out and about today on an errand and got into my tiny little pea brain how nice it would be to see the new Chanel cream blushes in person.  I was thwarted at every turn: it was cold and raining and no store I went into had it available.  (By the way, Nordstrom has it in stock right now.)  I went to Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdale's and Barneys and didn't see them.  I was planning on going down to Saks Fifth Avenue on the way home, but decided to post my lament on Twitter.  Lucky for me, beauty maven & blogger extraordinaire The Black Panties suggested the Chanel Boutique on 57th Street.  Score!!  (I cut off the picture at the top.  Hasty picture taking FAIL.)
They were missing Affinite (the bright pink) and so didn't get a chance to swatch those, but here are the swatches of the ones that were there.  Left to Right, corresponding to the pans from Bottom to Top.
L(Bottom) to R (Top):
Revelation, Fantastic, Inspiration, Presage, (I skipped swatching the duplicate pan of Presage, which I guess is the placeholder for the missing Affinite), and Destiny (the cut off pan pic).

Indoor shop lighting; Please ignore the lipstick on the right.  I can't remember the name of it.

Outdoor natural lighting (overcast)
I wasn't particulary moved by the other items, but these were very pretty and incredibly pigmented.  I purchased Revelation, Fantastic and Presage.  The lovely ladies at Chanel mentioned that Fantastique and Presage are limited edition items.  Their telephone number is 212-355-5050, if you'd like to order with them.  But Nordstrom does have it available as well.

Have you picked up anything from the new fall collection?  (Holy cow.  Did I say Fall?!)

14 comments :

  1. Hi Bellyhead :)
    Thanks for posting these quick swatches! I have my eye on Revelation & Inspiration. Fantastique looks gorgeous on your arm & Presage too, unfortunately for me I'm so damn pale so I always stick to pink/lightest shades :(
    I hope since Chanel released this Fall collection soooo early that the Les Beiges powder come out sooner than August. I've been reading so many glowing reviews on it and being so pale I could use the help! lol
    Thanks again,
    x Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revelation and Inspiration are really nice picks. Inspiration is pale but very pigmented. I was really pleasantly surprised at how well it swatched on my arm. :) Let me know what you think of the Les Beiges when you get it. Those get my curiosity juices flowing.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting these,really helpful! Looking at your pics I am thinking Revelation, and Inspiration for me, mind you we don't get the collection here till August, so guess that gives me plenty of time to work on a list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Replica. August!? But I think you already have Les Beiges, which I don't think is in the US yet. Those are lovely picks, just like Naomi above. I think I will get a lot of wear out of Revelation; it seems very versatile.

      Delete
    2. These are so beautiful and I'm already looking at three of them! You know, here in Britain, we already have the Les Beiges, it was released about two months ago, but the autumn collection is coming in August.

      I used to get annoyed that the US got so many collections so early (although like the Les Beiges, we occasionally get a capsule collection earlier than the US) but now I don't mind so much. August is infinitely more sensible for an autumn collection than June! Summer hasn't even properly started yet! Besides, I get to see all the US blogger's opinions beforehand and get my shopping list ready ;)

      Eli

      Delete
    3. I agree. It's not even Summer yet. August would certainly be a more sensible time to release fall. It's kind of mind-blowing thinking about Fall releases when we're still having very cool days. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful swatches Bellyhead! I must check these out for myself but judging from the swatches, I'm most excited for the three that you purchased! Can't wait for the reviews :)

    - Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Checking it out in person would be an excellent idea. They have a interesting feel on the fingertips (smooth but slightly dry). Now I can't wait to slather it all over my face and see how it wears. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited about Chanel Fall and the cream blushes! I'm already eyeing three shades of them, aaah! Thank you so much for the pretty swatches hun! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely Teri. Thanks for checking out the post. This is definitely the star of Chanel Fall. I hope you will like them, too when you check them out. :)

      Delete
  5. all of them looked lovely!!! can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so pretty? When does Fall Chanel arrive in Hong Kong?

      Delete
  6. I am kind of tempted to buy Destiny after seeing your swatches, but I have a feeeeeeling it might just be toooo similar to my skin tone. I hope I get some time to march over to Nordstrom some time next week and take a look at everything in store!

    ReplyDelete
  7. & others stories has dupe of chanel s presage... Marrabas orange... Actually both products seem scary in the an but blend beautifuly

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...