Saturday, June 29, 2013

Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel in Revelation

This is the third and final of the three new cream blushes I've purchased from Chanel.  This is the very wearable Revelation.  As is the usual for Chanel, it comes in a sleek black plastic case, which is smaller than the normal Joue Contraste blush cases.
 It is a bit of a chameleon color.  In the pan, in different lights you can see a warm coral emerging from the pink.  And in other lights, a more straightforward, but warm pink.
Coral?
Pink?
 If the shade offering of the limited edition colors Presage & Fantastic are too difficult to wear (too orange, too dark), then Revelation is certainly an easy to wear alternative.

The swatches below kind of blow my mind.  (have small mind.  Many things impress me!)  I can see that the unblended swatch on the left is distinctively pink, while the blended one on the right takes on a warm coral tone.  This shade seems to have a bit more sheerness and I think it's my naturally yellow skintone peeping through.
 One more picture in direct natural light.

The finish is matte, but not dry, as I mentioned before in the other posts.  The pigmentation in this is also very strong and easy to build up or keep sheer and natural.
Of the three I own, I find Revelation has the shortest wear time, fading away evenly and quickly in about 2 hours.  My skin tends to eat up cream-type blushes, so individual wear time will likely vary.  I suspect generally drier skin tones may have a more longer wearing experience than I did.

That said, the color is very pretty.   Having given all three blushes some good wear during the past few weeks, I'm likely going to pass up buying any more.

I'm wearing Revelation here, coordinated with the coral Rouge G Brilliant in Bianca on the lips.  Shiseido Ghost and Burberry Midnight Brown on eyes.  Again, nice pretty color, just not the performance I'm looking for.

Are you having more success than I am with the new Chanel cream blushes?  Which ones have you purchased or which ones are you looking to get?

13 comments :

  1. I have the same problem with cream blushes, so I think if I try these, I'm going to go for one of the deeper shades. You look beautiful in that picture, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I seem to have had an expensive experiment with these. I do really like the colors, though. And Presage for me is a true keeper.

      Delete
  2. pretty pretty! I want to go see these at the counter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't these colors so pretty? Were you able to track them down in a store?

      Delete
  3. I had really good luck with my initial test of Insprirarion, so I ordered Preage as well. I probably won't get more since I don't want to overdo cream products that can go off faster than powder. I love the powder finish. I am not a fan of dewy cream finishes on my face- too many years as an oily teenager :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspiration is very pretty! It's a very nice finish. :) I'm glad they are working out for you.

      Delete
  4. Really??? That sucks. I've been having pretty good luck with these lasting. It looks absolutely gorgeous on you though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your review! I'm so happy they are doing better on you!! :) I am at least enjoying the very pretty colors.

      Delete
  5. I've not had much luck with cream blushes, much as I am drawn to them and always want to buy them!!! My skin kind of eats up cream blushes too. Sigh. You've got a gorgeous face there, Ms. Belly!!!!! xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baahahah. Blush-eaters. That's us. :)

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty shade! :) I haven't tried the Chanel cream blushes, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's so pretty, too! Are the Chanel cream blushes in the Philippines now or are they the late release like the other parts of the globe?

      Delete
  7. The swatch looks good! :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...