Monday, June 17, 2013

Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel in Fantastic

What better way to try out a cream blush than in the heat and humidity?  I spent a good part of the day outside and tried out my new purchase, Le Blush de Creme de Chanel in Fantastic.  Fantastic is among the three I purchased, coming home with Revelation and Presage. (swatches from the shop here)

Fantastic is visually arresting to me, with it's deep, dark and assertive berry tones.  I had to have it right away.  The wonderful ladies at the Chanel boutique told me this and Presage are limited editions, so it made it easy to spring for this one.
I was surprised seeing all the shimmer in the pan when I took these pictures.  I don't see the silvery shimmer in the swatches nor on my face.  I've been playing around with this as you can see.
The product has a very interesting dry but creamy feel in the pan.  I used fingers to swatch this and was amazed at how much pigmentation the product has.  It is definitely soft in texture enough to put a dent into it, and you can see from the finger print in the pan shot above.  There is quite a bit of silicon-rich slip to the product and it doesn't have the wet feel of some other cream type cheek products (Rouge Bunny Rouge blush stick or Bobbi Brown as an example).  There is no discernible stickiness either, just a very smooth schwoop as finger glides over the skin.  There is some similarity to the glide and feel of the Addiction cheek stick, but Addiction is a much harder product than the Chanel.

I was trying to see if this rich berry color was within my blush collection already.  I've pulled out some similar looking shades.
Tom Ford Narcissist is a powder product and is a limited edition blush from last year.  While similar in depth and insanely rich pigmentation, Narcissist is definitely more blue and fuchsia than Fantastic.  Rouge Bunny Rouge's Florita is lighter and more warm and reddened in color.

Don't be scared by the crazy pigmentation in Fantastic, it is easily sheered out with fingers or with a brush.
I put together a look with Fantastic along with some neutrals.  Speaking of easy to sheer out, it looks quite washed out and subtle in these pictures.  In real life, it's easy to wear sheerly or reach DEFCON CLOWN.  I used my fingers to pat on the color and then used a Sonia Kashuk flat-top brush to blend and sheer it out.  It looks rather glowing and natural.  (Other crap used: AmorePacific CC compact on face, Shu Uemura brow pencil in Seal Brown, Tom Ford Espresso eye liner, Fasio mascara in some really long name but something with curl and volume, Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadow duo is A is minor Fis Major)

I asked at the counter if the cheek color would be appropriate on the lips and was told it would be terribly dry.  Of course, to be a contrarian I blotted some on. Drryyyyyyyy!  I don't recommend it.  As the cream texture transforms itself into a drier powder feel, your lips may feel like hell as mine did.

Anyway, I did experience some fading over the course of the hot humid day.  I didn't think it performed particularly long.  I also thought that though the creaminess of the initial application felt nice, it didn't really meld into my skin and kind of sat on the top of my skin a bit despite the good ol' blending with my Sonia Kashuk brush.
My goodness, is it Fall collection watch time already?!

What you thinky?

16 comments :

  1. Thanks for the review! This is actually the shade that I was most interested in, as I've been looking for a cool, deep raspberry shade for cheeks. Interesting to know about the lasting power, which is always a problem for me and cream blushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You're very welcome, Kate! Cream blushes don't really want to stick around on my face either, but the Addiction cheek stick does very well. This Chanel one actually left a very faint stain on my face, but not enough to really show up.
      Do you have access to Bourjois? I've heard there may be an interesting comparison to be made with the Chanel and the Bourjois cream blushes.

      Delete
  2. It's so lovely to see your FOTDs :). You really pull off strong blush shades. It looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosy! Awww, shucks. Thank you.
      I notice that I desaturate colors so no matter how dark or bright the actual colors, on my cheeks or eyelids, everything looks pretty subtle (and the same!).

      Delete
  3. It looks very beautiful on you! I can't decide if I should try these out, since I rarely use cream products. But Chanel......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... Chanel. It's quite a little catnip effect that name. :) One to try maybe?

      Delete
  4. So lovely on you. I might skip Fantastic because I usually never use this type of color on my cheeks. It somehow looks terrible. I have Narcist and Florita, both of them are waiting in boxes for the time they will be used ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Still in boxes?! :) I can never keep new stuff unused. Please let me know how you like Narcissist and Florita when you do open them up.

      Delete
  5. It looks good on you, Belly! Btw, this cream blush reminds me of Armani Cream blush circa early 2000.. I haven't had the chance to test them in person since my local Chanel counters don't have it yet but Fantastique is one in my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I remember Armani had a cream to powder type blush a long time ago.

      Fantastic is really pretty. I hope you like it. Today I'm wearing Revelation, which is very girly and natural looking.

      Delete
  6. You look so prettty! I haven't tried this one yet - tried Revelation yesterday, and it stayed on the whole day easily. I love love love it. My blushes didn't have any shimmers on it!! How did you get that shimmer fest on the blush? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I do agree, they aren't as easy as the creamier blushes are to blend..creamier = glossier..these feel more matte, don't they?

      Delete
    2. DANG IT! I'm wearing Revelation today and it's almost completely faded away. I think Chanel products & I don't get along so well, seeing I didn't do so well with the Stylos from Summer, too. D:
      It was so pretty on in the morning!!!

      Rads, I was so surprised to see that shimmer, too! Where the heck did THAT come from? They are matte, but not life-sucking dry on the cheeks. I just wish they lasted better on me.

      Delete
    3. Guess you got an odd shimmery pan :D

      Uh-ohhh on the staying issues..wonder why we get different results! :|

      Delete
  7. it's such a pretty shade! it's too bad that it didn't last long on you:( so I'll probably skip this one but it is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin likes to eat up cream blushes, so I'm not sure you'll experience the fading as well. Read some more reviews and maybe try one out on your skin at the store!! :( I'm sad this faded.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...