Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Addiction Eye Shadows in Fudge, Concrete Jungle, Flash Back and Safari Mode

I have Robert Palmer's Addicted to Love going through my head in an endless loop.  First of all, the 80's are awesome.  I mean, look at those Palmer women with those lips.  They are iconic.  And Robert Palmer.  No words, no words.

 People talk about the endorphin rush of love.  There is not enough talk about the addictive and endorphin qualities of makeup.  And Addiction makeup.  Aren't you so glad that I can pull the tender threads of a metaphor and knit them into a horrible paragraph about Addiction, Love and Robert Palmer?  This is why you come here, no?  Speaking of Addiction:

I bought a few Addiction things from Ichibankao awhile ago and got some eye shadow singles.  In doing some copious research on blogs that are the usual suspects, I found a few candidates worthy of my gnat-like attention.  Please say hello to Fudge, Concrete Jungle, Flash Back and Safari Mode.
Flash Back and Fudge have the ME texture, which is a richly pigmented and silky smooth shimmer.  It is some incredibly nice feeling eye shadows.  Safari Mode and Concrete Jungle are P textures which is a lovely satiny pearl.  Safari Mode and Concrete Jungle feel harder and less dense than the MEs, but still have great pigmentation.
I hope you enjoyed the music video and the swatches.  I will be doing some comparison posts for these shades and already posted the Grey Swatch Set the other day which includes Concrete Jungle.  I think Safari Mode is pretty unique to my collection, so I will not do any comparisons with that.  I don't own too many greens.  *ponders greens*

I'm new to Addiction eye shadow singles and happily exploring the brand.  What about you?  Any new brand discoveries you want to share and talk about?

18 comments :

  1. Oh I love this post, it was so much fun to dance and read about the eye shadows at the same time. The women are really iconic in the video, they also know how to play the guitar, I don't think they fake it! Love love love and one more love for flashback. Such a nice color. I wonder how this one compares to some pieces of your huge RBR collection ;-) Can't wait for the comparisons :-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those women fabulous? Robert Palmer, pas mal! Flash Back is really quite nice. Although among ALLLLLL the taupes I have, I'm not sure I "need" it. :D Addicted to Taupes, I am!

      Delete
  2. mmmmm need some fudge in my life! tell me do you reeeeeally love them! The upcoming Addiction for fall is droolworthy!
    What say you belly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fudge is a particular standout! Yes yes yes!

      Delete
  3. When I was young, I dreamed of being able to have those glossy red lips and those intense smoky eyes every time I saw the video. These shades look so beautiful. Flashback and Concrete Jungle set my heart a-flutter for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was young, I dreamt of marrying Simon LeBon but that is neither here nor there! :(
      Also John Taylor, who went to play with Robert Palmer in Power Station. Ah, memories.

      Those two you are eyeing are beauties!!

      Delete
  4. Ooo those shades are amazing! Fudge is such a rich color, I know I'll eventually cave and buy it one day. I saw a pic on pinterest of this gorgeous look with a matte black base all over the lid and crease and a color like Fudge in the crease and on the lower lashline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, lovely! :) Fudge is incredibly rich. Definitely a star among all my eyeshadows for sure. You needs! You needs! What is your pinterest? I want to follow! :)

      Delete
  5. THREE is another brand that I've just started to explore but is quite daunting due to limited reviews and pics online. Among the 2 Addiction blushes, the 1 THREE blush and 1 Suqqu blush that I have, I dare say the quality of the THREE blush is the best in terms of texture, colour payoff and finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nonno! Three does look quite lovely. (yet another hard to buy brand! :( )
      I have heard their blushes are quite good. Among the brands I have experience in now (Suqqu & Addiction), Suqqu has the sheerest & most lackluster performance (apart from the Spring EX releases from last year).

      Delete
    2. So I'm not the only one who isn't impressed by Suqqu blushes! :p Other than their blush, I love THREE's Flash Performance Eyeliner Pencil in 07. These eyeliner pencils have been well covered by several wonderful bloggers.

      Delete
  6. LOLOL how can anyone forget that video!!! I don't know how I feel about greens on me, but the other colors look gorgeous...is Flashback as shimmery in real life??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think it's that shimmery irl. It's comparable to Bohemian Waxwing from RBR in terms of shimmer. You have this one, right? :)
      I lurve me some Robert Palmer.

      Delete
  7. Flashback is beautiful! I've been looking at Addiction online for a while, but have yet to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to take the plunge because you can't see it in person. :(

      I rely on all the great bloggers I linked to with their amazing pictures. Thank goodness for those guys!

      Delete
  8. Fudge is a favorite Addiction eyeshadow! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...