Saturday, June 15, 2013

Addiction Blush in Revenge & Addiction Cheek Stick in Revenge

Today I bring you Revenge of the Revenge!

As you recall, I made a really wee little purchase of the Addiction Basquiat eye shadow palettes and was very impressed overall.  That motivated me just a tiny bit more to purchase just a few more little things.  Among those recent splurges, is something I want to feature today: the Addiction Revenge Blush and Revenge Cheek Stick.

I am super grateful and fortunate that a lovely fellow blogger and friend Bernadette from Diabolous in Cosmetica had given me a gift of the Revenge Cheek Stick.  So now I have both to snuggle, cuddle and hoard... you know, for blog comparison purposes.



A slight detour to speak a little bit about the brand:
I'm not all that familiar with the brand and I am cultivating a new interest in the brand.  So far, the purchases I've made have been excellent.  A small brand introduction for those like me that are not so familiar with the brand.  The brand is also referred to as Addiction by Ayako and Kosé Addiction.  You may read or see it referred as such.  Kosé is the large Japanese cosmetics conglomerate that is also the big umbrella for several other brands.  I'm surprised to see Rimmel here in the brand pyramid.
from Kose.com
Ayako is the New York-based makeup artist and is the creative director for the Addiction brand.  Her brand philosophy is influenced by minimalism and aims to bring out a woman's individual beauty.  You can read her official brand philosophy here.  I believe she has also worked at Nars, and you can see similar brand DNA in the packaging and brand aesthetics.

Ok, back to the blushes.  Though both colors are called Revenge, they are definitely not twins, neither in texture nor in color.

Color wise, cheek stick is warmer and more red and has more white in the base and is matte. The powder blush has a bright pinky tone in it.
Both for its form have excellent pigmentation.  The cheek stick is intensely colored in one swipe and blends easily with fingers or brush.  The powder blush is super fine.  While not Burberry's paradoxical how-is-it-creamy-when-its-a-powder texture, Addiction blush has a fantastic smoothness.

Cheek stick is also light in feel and glides on with its silicon formula.  It is also usable on the lips, but for me, I don't like multi-purpose items on the lips.  I find this slightly drying, too and needs a good base coat of rich balm and a topping of a gloss or more balm.  Also, the white in the base generally makes lip colors not so flattering on me, as does in the case of Revenge Cheek Stick.

The lasting power of both is excellent.  The cheek stick particular is very easy for swipe and go and forget it days.

Are you already a fan of Addiction?  Can you recommend me your favorite products and colors?

14 comments :

  1. They are both lovely! I like to layer the cheek stick with their lipstick or lip crayon in day trip so its more wearable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of layering! I think I will try it with another sheer lip product as well. Thanks for the great suggestion, Selphia!

      Delete
  2. I agree, both are really pretty in their own way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) Both are really pretty colors and so wearable despite looking so bright in the pan and tube.

      Delete
  3. I'm learning more and more about Asian brand cosmetics, it is a world of its own! They are both really pretty and v. lucky of you to have acquired these Addictions :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be developing an addiction to Addiction. Japanese and other Asian cosmetics have a really neat sensibility and textures I really like. I feel very lucky to own both of these Revenges.

      Delete
  4. That cheek stick...is sooooooooooooooo pigmented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, the Revenge cheekstick is one of my fave Addiction products and I agree of use on the cheeks alone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is such a treasure trove of Addiction! I've conducted much research there, so THANK YOU!! :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I love these comparison swatches. I had Revenge powder blush, but sold it. I bet I would like the cheek stick. Speaking of which, I have actually used up at least 1/3 of my Tea Rose cheek stick, it's a really awesome neutral. Recommended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really like the cheek stick Revenge, too. Agh... Tea Rose. I keep on waffling back and forth on that one.

      Delete
  7. I'm still exploring Addiction myself. I have Revenge and love it. I have Concrete Jungle too and it's hands down my favourite eyeshadow! Other eye colours that I like are Flashback (which again you already own), Thriller, Blue Moon and Horizon. Tiny Shell looks very promising too. And I love the lovely natural flush that Gorgeous gives me, so much so that I am willing to overlook the glitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH, thanks for all these recommendations Nonno. I wish I can play with these eye shadows in person. I really like the ME textures. I'd like to see what the mattes are like, too.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...