Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Edward Bess Blush Extraordinaire in Secret Affair

I posted about Blush Extraordinaire in Bed of Roses and today, I'm showing off Secret Affair.  I won't wax too lyrical about the formula since I drooled all over Bed of Roses already.  Just know this: I ADORE IT.  Smooth?  Yes.  Pigmented?  Yes.  Alchemic powers to turn colored powder into beautiful cheeks?  Yes, that too, YES!  Uh oh.  I've gone crazy again.
on nails, Rescue Beauty Lounge in Be Humble
Delicious summery mix of coral and peach.
A slightly out of focus (on purpose, of course!) pan shot that shows a shimmer bits.  Not to worry; it doesn't show that level of shimmer once blended onto the cheeks - only a pleasing radiance on the skin.
I love how sheer it is initially to allow the skin to show through in such a flattering way, but layers effortlessly if I want more drama.

Yesterday, I paired Secret Affair with a sheer peachy lipstick from Rouge Bunny Rouge and I loved how soft and pretty it looked.
Secret Affair is marketly more peachy than other corals in my blush line up.  Both Rouge Bunny Rouge Orpheline is pinker in tone than Secret Affair.  Burberry Blossom is a deeper orange.  (Damn it, you pixie!  I hate it when I'm wrong!)  The finish of Secret Affair is reminiscent to the radiant finish of Rouge Bunny Rouge.
(L) RBR Orpheline (C) Burberry Blossom (R) Secret Affair

I'm loving Edward Bess' new Secret Affair; it's a lovely addition to my blushes.  Gosh, if I smoked, I might be smoking a cigarette right now.

14 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. GAH! I hate being wrong! Please see update with comparison above!

      Delete
    2. ilu

      it's all so subjective, my dear!

      Delete
  2. Oof, they're all so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Isn't this so lovely? Yeah, it didn't take too much pushing for me to rekindle my affection for the brand.

      Delete
  3. Omg, you got secret affair too? Now this one I love even more! Getting really excited now! The urge to buy it straight away is big!! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are amazing. I think if you are super fair, then Filled With Desire may be nice. I'm not all that pale, but I had a hard time walking away with only 2 out of 3!

      Delete
  4. ooh so guess I am now needing two of the new blushes, that really is stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. I want this one!!! Darn you!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giggle. I couldn't help myself! It was too pretty.

      Delete
  6. I want one of those but can't decide between this one and bed of roses... Is this how you got them both? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Sara! Impossible to pick just one. I am really glad I got these two.

      Delete
  7. I have secret affair, and I have fleur de lotus Chanel, I can't tell which one I like better!! or which one is prettier??

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...