Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation in Chamomile

Today I shall show you my zombie-like naked face so that you can take a gander at the newest foundation I've acquired for my rotation.  Yes, I have a foundation rotation which I go through based on various conditions both dermatological and meteorological.  There are good skin days in which Retin-A and hormones work in partnership to keep the odd zits at bay and which flakies are subsided.  Then there are days where regardless of skin condition the oppressively hot and humid weather calls for more hardy fire power.  I had meant to do a foundation round-up and to show some hits and misses, but lately been enjoying some good experience with Chantecaille Future Skin, so I'd like to show it today.

(Let's just pretend for the next few minutes that I've not quit the blog and pretend all is as it always was.  I always wanted to show anything that I thought was post worthy. always.  I repeat words repeatedly. )

Let's pretend that though I've introduced a complex concept which has an X axis (dermatological) and a Y axis (meteorological), I will just go through my experience with Future Skin.

It comes in a stout heavy glass jar which requires a clean finger, a cotton bud, or a small spatula to dig up a small amount.  The texture is a thick gel that applies easily but requires a bit of muscle (or rather gentle pressure) to work into the skin.  For me, I usually apply with fingers and seems to do a good job here.  I think I will also give it a go with one of my foundation brushes.  There is very low SPF here (factor 10), which I prefer because I don't need to worry about odd white cast.  It is also an oil free formulation, but still feels plenty rich while I apply.

Thought you'd like to see it in action.

 My bare face often will have an errant zit (hello, weird thing on eye lid), some discoloration under my nose and on my chin and dark circles under eyes.  I also have some hyperpigmented spots from where I pick pick pick my zits.  Also edited to add I have a fair amount of surface redness which usually confuses makeup counter SAs that insist on matching me with cool foundations.

Here is my face with a layer of Chantecaille Future Skin and also with my beloved Ellis Faas concealer that I've used under my eyes.  I've not done any spot concealing in these pictures.  Coverage is light-medium and can be layered to medium, but I think it's best feature is its light coverage which allows my skin to shine through.
 Here is my face in the context of a layer of all the other makeup stuff.  I am wearing Guerlain Les Fumes on my eyes, a byTerry liner which I did not like, and Rouge Bunny Rouge Raw Silence on the lips.  Edward Bess Secret Affair is the blush here.

I'm pleased with how lovely and natural the finish is.  Initially, I was very pleased with how well it lasted on my skin, especially with my tendency to flake AND be oily.  As however, the weather has gotten rather warm and humid, the foundation requires a lot of blotting to keep steady.  Which is okay for now.  I'm loving how it looks though.

I'm also happy that something matches my yellow skin and a little sad to see myself return to more paleness.  I'm asked from time to time what my MAC skin tone is.  I have no idea.  I was thinking I'm something warm like a NC20 or 25?  I would like to go get matched at some point.  Any recommendations for which MAC foundations are good to get matched against?

Weird seeing my giant face on the blog.  I suspect I may end up deleting this post because -- because that's my FACE on the INTERWEBZ!  GAH!

26 comments :

  1. Whoopee! 2 posts, and your face on the interwebz. Lovely to see your posts come up in my feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Liz!!! Thank you for reading and thank you for not running away in horror! :)

      Delete
  2. :D I am thinking nc15-20. Love the red lip on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds so light! What's a good MAC foundation you think to be matched against miss rachel?

      Delete
  3. Hehehehee ...noooooooooo don't delete it!!! You look so pretty and the red lipstick looks awesome on you..I would show you photos of my bare face, but that would just scare you off the interwebbbbzzz forever :P :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye! I've seen your lovely face (with makeup). I bet you're stunning without. :)))

      Delete
  4. Hey I love seeing your face! I think you have great skin, it's pretty spotless to me! The foundation really looks very nice on you, seems like it has a nice amount of coverage and giiirl, you look so sexy with Raw Silence! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank you, Teri! I love Raw Silence. This is may favvvvorite red by far!

      Delete
  5. Your lovely face! This looks great on you. I have the same issue with surface redness & being matched to pink foundations. In fact I've all but given up on foundation because i) I can't find a match & ii) they all ruin my skin :(. It's so great to have you posting again :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i) and ii) sound terrible, Rosy! :( One day we will find you a good mascara and a good foundation.
      thank you for still reading my crap.

      Delete
  6. Wow, your skin is amazing! PS that lipstick is beauuuuuutiful, which one is it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great lipstick, right? Rouge Bunny Rouge Raw Silence.

      Delete
  7. Oooh, I've read great reviews about Future Skin. On my to-test list it goes!! Your skin is flawless by the way. Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all my makeup spackling is helpful in looking like good skin! :D
      Future Skin is lovely. I hope you get to test it out.

      Delete
  8. Belly Belly Belly- need I say More!
    You look fantabulous with the red lipstick-it suits u! I did try future skin- but the SA used the wrong shade so now that I am some 200 000 000 miles away from the nearest counter will just have to live through u!- I do have their tinted moisturiser which gives a lovely dewy finish- but also requires blotting hotter weather.
    Blog on.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo Jo Jo! I don't wear reds often, but do enjoy a good jolt on the lips every now and then. The SA originally tried to match me way too dark and too pink. I had to sneak back to the counter and test out the shades myself. This is too expensive to buy the wrong shade. Bring on the blotting paper! :)

      Delete
  9. Oooh mama, you look GORGEOUS with that stunning red lip and gorgeous winged out liner! Wow! This look makes me WANT to wear red lipstick despite not being a lipstick person! You're gorgeous, Belly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Becca, you sure know how to say all the right things. This red blots down beautifully too and the RBR lipsticks feel so nice, especially this one, considering it is such a high pigment one. Beautyhabit 20% off right now! *wink wink*

      Delete
  10. hey it's your FACE! and you look fantastic, in all three sets of photos :)

    I bet you're mac nc20 at most - maybe nc15. i'm around nc20, and my skintone looks similar to your in the top picture of you with no makeup, but you look paler than i am in the rest of the pictures. I don't actually own a full size mac foundation, but i've used up most of a generously sized sample of studio sculpt and i really like it - it's best for dry skin though. Pro Longwear tends to get good reviews - maybe that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check out Pro Longwear. Thank you, Emi for your recommendation! Pictures are very deceptive with how it washes out the face. Chamomille matches, but it looks very pale in these pictures. Or maybe I am pale. I dunno. :)

      Delete
  11. Don't delete! :D It's so strange to see people's actual faces after reading them for so long and having a picture (of a snow woman!) in your head.

    Glad to hear you're enjoying this foundation. :) I am currently in a base rut, in which I have been trying to find a foundation or something similar that I am completely in love with, but that just hasn't happened yet. On another note, this one looks absolutely flawless. Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH, now I'm totally tempted to swap out the photos with more pictures of the snow woman! I hear you sister! I've tried so. many. different. foundations over the years. Not sure this is HG, but I'm liking it a lot. :)

      Delete
  12. But it's such a beautiful face! Look at that skin! That bone structure! I am quite literally a blob of flesh in photos. :)

    I'm now on a topical retinoid + acne poison, so my formerly oily skin is now normalish and flakey. Buh-bye, powders! I was so excited to see this post, hoping that I may have found a skin twin, but I think you're a bit more neutral than I am. Everything turns ashy peach on me. :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, my dear! :-) I doubt you are that blob you speak of. Has the retinoid and acne poison begun working its magic yet? I still get bizarre flakiness even after years of using tretinoin. I normally turn stuff ashy, too!!! have you tried the Chantecaille warms? They seem very warm to me. :( I want you to be my skin twin, too!

      Delete
  13. very pretty, your skin is so good, and you really wear that red lip well.
    I had this foundation, really liked how it went on but it broke me out really bad, sad times, given the cost! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! Yes, what a shame considering the cost. :(

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...