Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chanel Summer Collection (or Meh, Meh, and MEH and A Post of Twitter Photos)

I'm not 100% sure what seduced me into buying some pieces from the Chanel Summer collection, L'été de Papillon.  I do love some tacky nail polishes, so Azuré drew me in right away.  There is also a good blog and internet buzz for the cream eye shadow sticks.  Yes, am sucker in many ways, but certainly a sucker for fancy things with good buzz.

No pictures in this post are particularly color accurate.  The bitching is pretty accurate.

My picks from this collection are the Azuré nail polish which is a stunning duo-chrome polish which turns incredible blue and bright turquoise green.  Stunning.  Unfortunately, less than twenty four hours after applying, it chipped.  I don't know what's the deal with my nails and Chanel, but this isn't atypical in terms of Chanel nail polish performance on me.  I'm sad.  It's beautiful and tacky and just right up my alley.


Also bought Jade Shore and Moon River of the Stylo Eyeshadow.  Pictures are terrible, but both swatched beautifully.  I tweeted to my friend when I was all excited to receive them.

I also compared Moon River to By Terry Misty Rock, which is another stick style eye shadow.


They are different obviously.  And Chanel has a lovely cooling effect when applied on the skin.  But look, when I tried to remove both with Bioderma, Misty Rock clung tenaciously onto my arm while Chanel wiped away easily.


This was mostly indicative of how it performed on my eyes.  The color pay off was pretty sheer, and the shimmer bits migrated on my face.  I was not happy.

So unhappy that I made a little vine video of how much I hated it.  This is Jade Shore.



How you like my new media strategery now?

Are you liking Chanel Summer?

19 comments :

  1. Oh no...Teri had JUST convinced me that I needed Moon River last night and now this. I have waaaay crazy oily lids so I'm rethinking if I want to splurge now. The sparkles are soooo pretty but migration of sparkles--huge no no. Darn, so pretty too :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people love them though, Becca! I hope you get to try them in person. :)

      Delete
  2. Just what I needed to read! Thanks for saving me money :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. -a visually amazing collection- sorry you were disappointed- might get me some tacky yellow mascara! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the ad visuals were amazing!! Hey, the yellow mascara may be even more tacky than the azure nail polish!! :D

      Delete
  4. Oh the polish looks so pretty on your nails, though! I didn't have any chipping issues, but it's just not a color I would use very often...don't know why I bought it..okay I know why I bought it - I have absolutely no self-control :P :P And thank goodness I didn't get the eye crayon thingiees. Those won't have lasted a nonosecond on my eyelids!!!!

    I like the vine bit the most :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have zero self control, too! Yay for no self control!! :)

      I actually love all manner of neutrals and crazy non neutrals. I so wanted this color to play nice with my nails! WAH!

      Delete
  5. Your video is awesome, it looks like you're going to kick someone's a** at Chanel. So sorry the products failed you. I succumbed on all 3 nail polishes. Lilis and Bel Argus are bullet-proof on my tootsies, haven't tried Azure for my pedicure yet. I put my hands thru the mill so everything chips on me by day 3, but these Chanels did not. I used OPI basecoat and topcoat. I have short nails too.
    The eyeshadows are beyond amazing for me, I have a dry eyelids/ skin but I live in the steambath known as Florida, and they do not budge.
    I find Chanel has a very unique chemistry going on, everybody finds a different response depending on their skin type, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally had the b*tch face. But I realize, that is my normal resting face! Yes, so no offense to Chanel. >:)

      Totally agree on the individual chemistry. I keep on trying Chanel and finding it doesn't want to work nice on my nails and eyelids. 'S okay. I'm sad Azure isn't staying put, though. Lilis and Bel Argus were stunning as well, but now I definitely won't be springing for them.

      Delete
  6. Great little video ;) I have very oily lids, so I know the eyeshadow sticks are not something I would buy from Chanel (though the one Laura Mercier I have is great!), but I was curious to know how does this shade Jade Shore compare to RBR's Periwinkle Cardinal? I see it's now only available through RBR site & I'm tempted to get it, but don't want to regret it if I end up disliking it in person. I figure if they are similar I could go & swatch the Chanel one & make up my mind about it.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi! Hmm, too dark to compare the two accurate for you, but let me check tomorrow AM. :) I think Periwinkle Cardinal is going to be a more sage-y green, but let me validate that.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, just by you telling me it's more sage-y green makes me want it even more! lol...I wonder if RBR would ever be available on Sephora in the near future, as it would make shopping a lot easier, same goes for Suqqu, I really wish I could try their lipsticks :/

      Delete
  7. I adore you. What is it about those blues? I'm not usually into chrome/metallic/frost finishes but I'm on the lookout hard for a dupe for these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm ok I'll stay away!!! I know you quit but I'm happy to see you hanging around :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *whistles* I don't see anyone over here. ;-)

      Delete
  9. Gah, those were the two I was going to get, the collection comes out here on Friday but you have now stopped me in my tracks..whats a makeup addict to do....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makeup addicts got to swatch in person and see if they really likes it! :D

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...