Monday, April 1, 2013

Tom Ford Cheek Color in Wicked

For a few moments, after I purchased this blush and started to use it, I felt content...satiated.  I required no more blushes.  I looked among all the blushes I own and realized I had a hole where Wicked belonged.  By hole, I mean, I missed a mid-tone cool pink.  Seeing recent pictures of Edward Bess's new blushes are making my heart skip a beat, but I'm hoping my slow buy is going to help me get over it and help me remain in my zen zone of blush contentment.

Here is the piece that filled my missing blush hole.
I know shimmer is not everyone's cup of tea, but I prefer sheen and clearness and I think Wicked really delivers.  Ok, I guess subjectively, "sheen" can also be called "SHIMMERY SHINY FROSTY" but in my eyes and on my cheeks, I think Wicked is glorious.

I say "Sheen," you say "HOLY FROST, BATMAN!"
You can tell what a distinct contrast the color provides on my warm skin tone and I really like how bright and cheery pink this color is on my face.

A lot a pink blushes tend to pull a bit more muted and white based on me, but I think Wicked rings nice and clear.
Well blended out, it is wearable and so pretty.

I plan on doing a more comprehensive blush post that swatches more of my collection as comparisons to each other.

Too much frosty shimmer or do you say "sheen," too?

8 comments :

  1. That blush certainly has a gorgeous glow to it! I agree that shimmer can be really flattering in moderate quantities! My skin isn't perfect, so I usually steer clear of them. This one is so pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skin texture would be greatly amplified by a too judicious application of a shimmer product. That is so true. There is a random bump on my arm in the blended swatch that wants to declare itself loudly to the world! :)

      Delete
  2. I remember when frosted hair and makeup emerged in the 60's. There is no way I'd call Wicked frosted in comparison to those chilly, silvery shades! I's say Wicked glows with warmth and a refined sheen :-) This is one of my favorite blush shades. On my cheeks, there is no overt sparkle or shine. There is only a soft glow that looks slightly dewy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) "refined sheen" That's our story and we're sticking to it!

      Delete
  3. Bely, I love my Wicked too- this is no cheap shimmery mess- its give a glow. Shimmer can accentuate flaws on my skin,Wicked just gives a lustre to my cheeks. Tom Ford Blush are really best of the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love this one, too! I just love the glowing effect this one gives to the cheek.

      Delete
  4. Me like comparison posts.
    Me me me me!!! I'm
    Delirious from insomnia. Save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sprinkles you with magical sleep dust*

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...