Monday, April 1, 2013

Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist Lipstick in EX-10 Tsubomidama

I don't mind telling you I'm wrong.  Very wrong.  Misinformed or misguided.  Here I am telling you how much I love my two Suqqu Spring Limited Edition lipsticks.  They are the Creamy Glow Moist, which is the sheer lipstick formula from the brand.  I complained in my post on EX-08 Sangodama that the lack of pigmentation was a big letdown for me.  And then I went ahead and plum changed my mind.  *shrugs*  Oh well, woman's prerogative and all that.


Tsubomidama is more pigmented than EX-08, but definitely still rings "sheer."  One swipe will allow a lot of your natural lip color to peep through.  A few layers will build up more color though.  These Creamy Glow Moist lipsticks are really something.  It is slightly thick in texture, with a bit of slip so the color will cling fairly well.  For a sheer lipstick, it wore about 3 hours which I thought was pretty good.  An even nicer aspect of this lipstick is how well it agrees with my lips in terms of conditioning.

I'm very pleased with the lovely neutral rose, which leans a teeny bit warm on my arm.
While I was swatching this on my arm, I had a nagging thought in the back of my mind.  I think we don't need too many words for you to understand what was beginning to bug me.


Crap.

Mistress of Buy the Same Thing Over and Over Again strikes again!

P.S.  A word of note, Suqqu has a bit more slip, so is easier to apply and has a bit more lasting power on me.  Amour is slighty more opaque (but not by much).

10 comments :

  1. I do this all. the. time. Case in point MAC Charcoal Brown and LMdB Tamarack. I was about to use one on my brows and the other in my crease and I was like,.... dagnabit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :/
      We are drawn to the same. Like moths to a flame.

      Delete
  2. Another lovely sheer lippie! Ahh...I am swooning SO hard right now! I do notice the slight difference between the Suqqu and Chantecaille and I have to say, I prefer the Suqqu just based on the swatches. *sigh* I really cannot wait to FINALLY get my hands on some Suqqu of my very own!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Suqqu on THE list now? Definitely also check out the regular Creamy Glows. The most incredible pigmented and moisturizing lipstick EVER! The End!

      Delete
  3. That looks like a really useful color. LOVE the white packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white packaging is so handy! Love the no fingerprint thing on the Spring LE. :)

      Delete
  4. Very pretty colour. I have many variations of the same colours in my stash, I like to kid myself that they all have something slightly different about them... mind you when I go a bit out there and try something very different from my norm, I just don't tend to wear it as much x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you not buying my "more opaque" excuse either? :-) I already chucked one in my makeup bag and one at home so I can use them all the time. I guess we're naturally drawn to whatever is our preference color wise.

      Delete
  5. I had a moment like this two days ago. The closest thing to a lipstick I have are my super pigmented GOSH Soft 'n Shine Tinted Lip Balms. They are gorgeously moisturizing an the Boy loves their roasted (?!) marshmallow scent. Anyway, I found a clearance bin of these lippies at a drugstore. I was waffling between two shades and sought the advice of the Beauty SA. After seeing the lip swatches and me applying each shade repeatedly, she said: "Both are good on you... But I don't know why you keep putting on the same colours." The second comment perplexed me and I shrugged it off.

    Two days ago: I was playing around with my GOSH lippies, wondering if one should go into the bag of goodies I'm donating to a local Women's Shelter. That's when I noticed the original two shades were kinda really similar... but the same?... naw, couldn't be! Well, hmm... it turns out the lighter shade looks like the darker shade when heavily built up. Oops. My selfish self can't part with either of my backups, as I'm going through the product quickly and it's been discontinued.

    Gee...
    Long story. About a selfish girl. Eep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) You're a cat ninja after my own heart. You're a cat ninja version of Belly.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...