Monday, April 15, 2013

Suqqu Creamy Glow & Creamy Glow Moist Lipstick - Swatch Set

While the Suqqu eye shadow quads have some ardent fans (oh, such smooth beautiful textures!) as well as detractors (ugh, sheer as heck!), I believe the lipstick formulas are a bit more universally appealing.  As a matter of fact, for me personally, the Creamy Glow formula in particular is one of my very favorite of lipstick formulations.

When I first tried on one of these lipsticks, I had a revelatory moment: amazed that such a pigmented and opaque lipstick could feel so whisper light at the same time.  In addition to the incredibly pigmented colors, they have a lovely slip that helps the color glide on.  I'm not quite sure that I would call it moisturizing though.  I've come to conclude that my lips will never fully love pigment-rich formulas.  However, unlike say, Tom Ford lipsticks which actively seem to suck the moisture out of my lips, the Suqqu Creamy Glows feel slightly cushiony with a bit of slip.

The more lip loving formula is the Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist.  I have two Spring 2013 limited edition one and they are as emollient as a Chantecaille Lip Chic.  These are balmy and thicker in feel and also sport a more sheer pigmentation.
A lovely lot of Suqqu lipsticks

I thought it would be helpful to show swatches of the colors that I own.  Suqqu is so inaccessible to those of us living outside of the UK, Japan and Bangkok.  While we can buy them online, it's not easy finding a lot of pictures of these shades.  I own a small handful.  I hope these are helpful if you are looking to make some purchases.
 This bottom picture shows off the lovely glowing shine these lipsticks have.
None of the colors above have any shimmer.  Umegasumi is a peachy-warmed pink.  Keshiaka is a cool toned mauve pink.  Hiwada is a warm nude with a hint of brown.  Ichijiku is a warm, dark rich brick red.  Karakurenai is a cool clear and bright red.  Sangodama is a very light pale peachy pink with very light pigmentation.  Tsubomidama is a slightly warm sheer rose.

Have you tried the Suqqu lipsticks?  Are you a fan of the Creamy Glow and the Creamy Glow Moist?  Which colors are your favorites?

This ticks off another item on my Work List.

23 comments :

  1. 06 and 08 look lovely-what brand is similar to suqqu lippies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 06 in particular get a lot of use as a great nude lip that doesn't wash me out. I'm not sure I know of another brand with the same pigmentation and slip. One Rouge Bunny Rouge (Raw Silence) is similarly pigmented and slippy, but I don't find the rest of the colors the same in the Color Burst range.

      Delete
  2. Ichijiku has been on my wishlist for a while, I am sure I will eventually buy it, but I don't really have the cash right now. The formula sounds amazing, and the colors are just beautiful.

    /so jealous of your makeup collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I am frothing at the mouth! These are so gorgeous! I literally want them all!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a Suqqu force to be reckoned with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't these gorgeous in the light? They feel even better on the lips. I wish they had some brights because then I would die and go to lipstick HEAVEN.

      Delete
    2. Unbelievably so!!!!!! Want want want! I fear entering the world of Suqqu! xoxox

      Delete
    3. They tend to be very expensive mistake when you make them, too. There is only one thing left to do, to open up a Suqqu retail business run out of my basement.

      Delete
  4. I have 08 Keshiaka and it turns into a drab brown-pink on my lips. I was SO disheartened! Any chances of lip swatches? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very muted on the lips, too. But nice in a super sedate way. I will try a lip swatch for you, but I lack all gross motor coordination to take a picture with my camera. I might try the stand, but then it would require screws and levers....which frighten me! :D

      Delete
  5. I've not tried Suqqu anything (sadly). 18 Karakuenai looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to try one of these, C. 18 is a stunning red!!

      Delete
  6. I have 3, 8 and 12 and I must say this is the most amazing formula. Doesn't even remotely feel like lipstick yet it has that pigmentation!! Seriously in awe every time I apply!! Thank you for swatching these all ...is such a good reference for anyone that can't see these in person!!! It was so difficult choosing...now wish I had gotten 11:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you got them!! Aren't they incredible feeling?! It's completely ridiculous how they feel. Now you know you must collect some MOAR!

      Delete
  7. i requested 2 , 17 and 18 lol BF will be buying them for me
    I CANT WAIT !
    i hope I love them bcuz these babies cost alot lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! you have a nice BF! Those reds are incredible. I hope you LOVE them!

      Delete
  8. Really helpful seeing them all together, I do prefer the moist formula though, I should probably place a selfridges order soon, come on payday :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am enjoying the Moists, too! Lucky you!

      Delete
  9. I wanted Suqqu lipstick to work for me so bad:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. :( why didn't it work out? I know some people don't love these so much. Did you try the CG Moists? They are very lip friendly.

      Delete
  11. I only own one Asasuo but I love it to bits. I want more but can't decide which one to get. Keshiaka looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline, Asasuo is pretty! I wish I can play at the counter and take my time and figure out what I want! Keshiaka I got at the counter and I regret not picking up more in person.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...