Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Suqqu Blend Color Eye Shadow in Kokedama 02

I think I've purchased my fill of Suqqu eye shadow quads now.  Kokedama is among my last epic Suqqu splurge, which filled me with great glee and great anxiety and soul searching.  There are certain brands that functions as catnip to cats for me.  I also have a need to complete collections and certainly nothing is more pleasurable to me (makeup-wise) than to compile a huge collection of Suqqu quads, especially the discontinued ones.  With opportunity given, I purchased Kokedama.
Kokedama is one of the older quads, and as is the format features a white matte base shade which functions to even out the lids and prime without actually adding color.  It has a dark matte base shade which is used to create depth and provides the primary color tone of the look.  Then two more shades which provide shimmer and satiny texture to complete the look.

Here are the swatches of the shades.  From my experience, the dark matte green doesn't have the usual smooth pigmentation that I experience with Suqqu mattes.  If you can tell in the picture, the color applied looks kind of patchy.  The sheerness isn't out of the norm, but the patchy application is odd.

The icy pale green on the upper left pan has very little base color, but an intensity of silvery shimmer.  It's nice to mix with the dark green matte or with the second shimmery shade but doesn't have any particular impact on it's own.  The dark silver on the upper right is the most interesting color in this palette, with a deep complex sheen coming from the shimmer and mixed with sage green.
The picture below probably shows what I mean by the textures and lack of smoothness a bit better in the dark matte shade.
I generally lack greens in my eye shadows, so I'm therefore (as I convince myself) happy to own Kokedama.  I mean, now I own all the old retired ones I could want, so am happy.  Am regretful and am full of green patchy eye shadows.

Mais oui, this marks off one more item on the Work List.  Darn, I kind of want to go back and retake all my Suqqu pictures because the outside light is so amazing.  Meh, too lazy.

P.S. I think the Link Within widget below the main post window will link to a bunch of Suqqu posts, but if you wanted to see all my Suqqu quads, here they are: Kakitsubata, Kodedama, Matsukasa, Keshizumi, Ginbudou, Himesango, Sumiredama EX-11Hisuidama EX-12, Ginusudama EX-13

11 comments :

  1. mmmm..... Tom Ford Sahara Haze looks a better version of this. Suqqu tends to repeat shade in most quads, so it squashed my desire to buy every one- thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the patchy green shade, but I love the other shades, especially the shimmery one. The colours are great to have tho, I bet it looks great on your skin tone ^^.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally wear Suqqu layered so one patchy shade isn't too terrible but I can't help be a bit disappointed. The greens all blended together are super pretty though.

      Delete
  3. I don't wear any of these colours but I'd love to see you do a FOTD with them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd look lovely in muted greens Willow!

      Delete
  4. I wanted to love this, but nah... I'm trying to swap it now. (Already got Ginbudou to replace it, too, despite my one-in-one-out, maintain-space rule... Oh well. At least it's beautiful, Ginbudou. No regrets :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Adele! Want to swap Kokedama for Kokedama?

      Delete
  5. Ooo I've been lemming this for ages but could never bring myself to buy it from Selfridges what with the crazy postage cost and all. I really did not expect it to be so sheer and the matte shade is so disappointing! :(

    Although, thanks to your review I can safely say that I am now ready to move on with my life now lol! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see, you can't ever say again I'm not a good lemming killer, right? :-)

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...