Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Suqqu Blend Color Eye Shadow in Hisuidama EX-12

More Suqqu Spring Limited Edition eye shadow palette today?  Why not?  Today I want to show you EX-12 Hisuidama and this post rounds out and completes the Spring 2013 eye shadow palettes from Suqqu.  These limited edition palettes have white packaging that is softly textured and not smooth shiny black like the permanent ones.  It reflects a pale green and pink in the light and plays further on the theme of pearlescence, which you'll also see in the eye shadows.
When I was first looking at the promo images for the Spring Suqqu, I was really only planning on getting EX-11 and EX-13.  The deeper tones and the tantalizing idea of trashy duo chrome executed a la Suqqu style was completely irresistible to me. 
 
I started thinking about incorporating some colors not normally my style and then I splurged and added Hisuidama to my purchase.  Inky, smokey and dark is right in my comfort zone and I was thinking that the light pastely white, green and pinks would feel weird to me.  While I incorporate pale shade in my looks, there are usually a small accent or counterpoint, not the basis of a whole look.  With Hisuidama, I also feared the usual airy pigmentation of Suqqu eye shadows and suspected that the colors wouldn't really show on my skin.
 
Well, I was wrong.  So let's show the pictures.


The colors are all pearly, with less shimmer than the other two palettes.  I think the  duo chrome (that I can spot) is the sage green shade.  This palette contains a densely pigmented cool white, a sage green shade that shifts golden green, a pale satin pink and a brown with  shimmer.  The brown provides a level of earthiness to the whole look, excellent for defining around the eyes.
All the colors swatch clearly and easily on my arm and show up clearly on my lids.  I are impress.
I use the white sparingly because it does show up so incredible well on the skin.


Apart from pale colors showing up (hurrah!), the finish is so pretty and refined!  Ms. Driveller posted a few looks in her blog (here here ) and I used her "round" look as good directions to play around with the placement.  I am many many shades darker than Kate, but the colors still ring clear on my lids and the pearliness provides a lovely sheen to the whole look.

Pale and not at all chalky, these are lovely additions to my collection.  I have unmitigated blathering love for this palette and so glad I did something out of the norm for me.

13 comments :

  1. Yippee!!!! Sounds like Suqqu success!!! If you had to pick a favorite out of the spring quads could you? What would it be??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say probably NOT 13 Ginusudama. It's pretty, but isn't BAM! perfect on me. 11 is easy to love, but 12 is stunning. :) Are you liking your recent purchases my Gummy?

      Delete
    2. LOVE the lippies...they feel AMAZING...seriously...I like wanna wear them to bed n' stuff!! LOL!! Haven't had a chance to play with the quad yet, only swatch but the colors are that much prettier in person. Of course, the powder is fabulous and am already thinking about how I can get a backup. The brushes...well they are so crazy soft I just wanna run them on my face all day long!! LOL!! I still can't get the cheek brush to work for me for blusher, but I'm loving it for highlighter. I'll keep trying though - maybe I need to check some youtube vids or something. The powder brush I adore and want to marry!!! But...I have a hard time putting it on bare skin (vs after foundation) because it picks up too much of the oils I use to moisturize and then the brush ends up all gunky. Not sure how to fixe that?? Need to come up with something though because yeah, it's totally worth every single cent...er pence? Ha ha

      Delete
    3. purchase SUCCESS!! \o/ Those regular lipsticks feel like heaven, seriously. It's such a bummer we can't swatch and try before we buy though. I have some colors that are just not working for me.

      I want to raise some fluffy little squirrels and make brushes out of them. (yup, am nuts) Hmm, maybe let the moisturizer set some more but I'm sure you've already thought of that. Or just run nekkid and run the brush all over your face!

      Delete
    4. *whispers* can I be your friend?
      This conversation is awesome in so many ways.
      #iamabeautynerd

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with the second shade, it's so pretty, the shimmer is just about right. The lightest shade looks incredibly well pigmented and it just pops so brightly on your skin, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri! That green is so lovely and understated, but still very spring. I love it. That cold white is amazingly bright!

      Delete
  3. First MUS, now you... *blocks eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know *cough* still in stock somewhere, I think.

      Delete
  4. I love all three of the palettes!! The pearlescent formula is heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! the formula is divine in these palettes!! :D

      Delete
  5. Yay! Glad to hear it shows up. Looks so lovely. It's finally coming to me soon. :D It was an unusual purchase for me but I have a feeling it will work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are enjoying it, Rachel! I wore it today and love it even more on a dull cloudy day.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...