Friday, April 19, 2013

Let's Get Nude Blushes - Swatch Set

As one of my blog bucket list projects, I wanted to do a more comprehensive post that showcases my blushes by color family.  Funny when I was going through the actual blushes, I scratched my head a bit to sort them.  I feel like I've failed a Kindergarten project that my little daughter would surely ace.  Oh well.  Today, I show you the Nudes.  When I say nude, I mean blushes that are not pink, red, or coral.  You might even see a little bit of peach in there.

With the nudes, I bring you Burberry, Rouge Bunny Rouge and Tom Ford.

Maybe just some notes on the formula by brand would be useful.

The Rouge Bunny Rouge cream blush hasn't been extensively featured on the blog, but you've seen it pop up on other blush posts.  They have a lovely glide going on and blends easily with fingers.  It also has a very creamy feel and a lovely luminosity on the skin without adding any shimmer.  While the colors I have are beautiful, they just don't last very well on my skin, and fade away in about two or three hours.

The Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blushes (the depotted round pans) have been covered in detail here.  Suffices to say, these are amazing and I own five of the six offered by the brand.  If they offered more, I would likely buy without hesitation!

Burberry blushes have an incredible creamy feeling that helps it meld into your skin for a beautiful finish.  I love them.

Tom Ford is another luxury indulgence of mine, and covered in my posts on Wicked and Ravish.  They have a fair bit of fine shimmer that imparts a major sheen on the cheeks.  I like shimmer and I love the radiance to the skin in most cosmetics finishes, so these are right up my alley.  They are also exceptionally pigmented and will take an age and a half to ever finish.

On to the nudey nudes!
Earthy is my most used contour color.  The ease of use makes it my favorite for an easy contour application.  Titian is a peachy nude and with out any shimmer, but due to its cream formula has a dewy finish on the skin.  Delicata has a fair bit of pink tones compared to the others in this line up.  It is not matte, but has a fine satiny finish.  Habanera is a warmer terracotta and more brown compared to the reddened tones of Tom Ford Ravish.

I love these nude blushes, although I suspect one doesn't really need so many.  I like them as a subtle definition color to my cheeks or a very sophisticated counterpoint that doesn't compete garishly with a dramatic eye or lip color.
What's your go to naked blush?  Hey baby?  What are you wearing right now?

10 comments :

  1. You need to try out the Armani #5 Beige Violet and, mark my words, it'll have you right then and there ;)

    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank you, M! I will check it out. I wanted to go to the counter to check out the Medusa quad, so I will definitely go and look for it.

      Delete
  2. my go to nude blush is actually RBR delicata, one of the best nudes, even for pale skintones. My other likes are RMS Beauty Muse, Youngblood Zin (applied lightly) and my Jouer bronzer (I use it half as blush and for contour, so it may not count as a true 'nuse' haha). Exquisite choices as always ;) / Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooove Delicata so much! It is so flattering on so many skin tones. I feel that even on my now tan face, the color still shows up beautifully. :)

      Delete
  3. AHH this is such a fun post for me. I've done a few similar ones, shade comparisons. I ADORE nude blushes and you have some really pretty ones I haven't seen yet. The RBR Delicata looks particularly beautiful... Ohh this is going on my wishlist for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a fun post! :) I have too much stuff, I think. Delicata is really beautiful on. It's definitely worth being on your wishlist, I think. Thanks, Catherine for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. I love all of them . I have earthy blush and use it for contouring as well. I love it! It is very elegant. I love your RBRs. I didn't think TF would look subtle like that I tried it before and thought it was very pigmented. Great post XO :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Earthy is just so easy to use. TF is crazy pigmented. I also think the picture is crap quality since I had a hard time catching the sun that day. :)))

      Delete
  5. (just catching up on posts now from when I was out of town) - I love nude blushes. My go-to right now is Addiction Cheek Stick in Tea Rose, I think you would love it, it fits right in with these. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on Delicata soon though - it's been on my wishlist for a long time - and someday I will buy Earthy, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Cheek sticks from Addiction are really nice!! I'm looking at some others. thanks for the Tea Rose recommendation; it looks beautiful. I'm telling you Delicata is really beautiful!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...