Monday, March 11, 2013

Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Burnished Amber

My last Tom Ford Eye Color Quad on Wondegondigo was the limited edition Enchanted  which is a very pretty cool-toned shimmer-heavy neutral palette with a smooth formula.  Burnished Amber is an older offering, and has a different formula.

Burnished Amber, and I find this to be true in the older quads, is slightly dry in feeling.  It blends fairly well, but not with the same ease as with Enchanted.  Quibbles about the texture aside, I find the colors in this quad to be incredibly striking.  I have other warm eye shadows in my collection, but by far this one turn up the most heat and with most drama.


I think the colors are truly gorgeous.  It has a light, sandy satiny golden beige, a truly on-fire reddened pink with coppery shimmer, a deep warm burgundy shimmer, and a rosy bronze.  The second color, the pink layers beautifully over the other colors as well.



Natural Light

Angled to show some serious shimmer!




















The biggest challenge with this palette is how burning hot these colors are.  I'm warm skin toned, so warm colors are flattering on me.  With Burnished Amber though, any red discoloration on the skin gets highlighted and amplified.  I take great care to ensure I wear this when I've perfected my base makeup and concealed the heck out of anything that is red.  I also have a fair bit of surface redness, so wearing a more opaque foundation is a must when I wear this.


Sunlight making all the blings!
The Tom Ford artist that was there when I was purchasing this suggested a few ways to make this palette more everyday friendly and less intimidating to wear.  Mixing the two bottom shades will tone down the ruddiness of that burgundy and is a great shade to wear either as a crease shade or along the lash line for more smoky looks.  The pink shade can be used as an accent color, very sparingly used in the center of the lid.

I personally find this palette to be tough one to wear, even more so than the Le Metier de Beauté Silk Road kaleidoscope.  The Burnished Amber's pink and burgundy together in one look is a force to be reckoned with.  The colors are incredible though, and with careful application, my dark brown eyes can look beautifully dramatic.

I am a lazy makeup wearer, however.  And I'm inclined to work with easy neutrals and this palette, is NOT an easy neutral palette.

What do you think of Burnished Amber?  Do you have similar red and pink-tones you wear on your eyes?

10 comments :

  1. When I swatches TF eye shadows , this palette looked strongest on my skin. You are right these colors need time for perfection. I don't have any pink tones , this one could be a possibility ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done on the right complexion, I think this quad would look incredible! Some days it looks amazing, other days, I look terrible! :D
      The pigmentation and the drama is high with this one!

      Delete
  2. I bought this on your recommendation and absolutely love it. I get endless compliments when I use it, I am about NC25-30, very yellow skin and this quad makes my dark brown eyes glow. I use the dark shade in the Enchanted quad to add a little depth and a plum brown eyeliner. It is a very high drama quad and the colors blend pretty seamlessly into each other. I can see myself buying a backup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-oh! On my recommendation! I'm glad it worked out. These are incredible colors so I'm so glad it looks amazing on you.

      Delete
  3. i love the shimmery glow of these warm shades! definitely my type :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Hi! Thank you for following!

      These glowing colors are really beuatiful.

      Delete
  4. Wow stunning! I normally would not have looked twice at these types of shades but I am betting these look amazing on the eyes! *sigh* need to swatch some TF for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Becca! You must go play. This is one of the most oomphy and dramatic in the line for sure.

      Delete
  5. Hi Bellyhead,

    I've read your comments on BTiB for quite awhile but never realized you have a blog, and a delightful one it is! Burnished Amber is one of my favorite quads. I'm NC15 with dark, warm green eyes and this palette is stunning. I have no problem using all four colors at once because I have deep set eyes with a lot of lid space. With my coloring and eye shape, these colors are very easy to use. Éclosion, Turandot, Burnished Amber--I adore quads like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, hiya Eileen! Thanks for your lovely compliment. :))
      With your eyes, this must be incredibly stunning on you. All those warm colors must looking terrific.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...