Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tom Ford Cheek Color in Ravish

This is my second time writing this post.  Blogger ate the first one.  So if it fails to please you, you can blame the dog, I mean blog(ger).*


People have told me they thought I had more blushes, and more Tom Ford blushes, but I actually only own Ravish and Narcissist.  I actually love the looks of many of the others, but the other colors seem to trigger my *boop booooop booooooop boooooop* alarm.  It tells me there may be dupes or very similar colors I already own in my collection.  So I need to proceed with a bit more caution and study so that I don't end up doing a "Waaaaaugh!  I bought another dupe!" post in the future.



Ravish is one of the products I purchased on my very first Tom Ford buy.  Ah, I can still remember that occasion so clearly now: sweaty palms approaching that gleaming counter at Bergdorf, Post-it note scribbled carefully with my carnal needs.  I didn't have Ravish on my list, but the very pretty SA that helped me that day was wearing it and she looked spectacular. 
Shiiiiines in the sun

It's a bit of a jolie-laide kind of a color.  For heaven's sake, it looks like p..  I mean it's kind of brown.  What I love is that it still has a lot of interesting complexity in the color, which is warm in direct light, cool in indirect light, and has a balanced terra cotta tone with enough red to make it pretty enough.
In indirect light

Texture-wise, I'm very fond of this blush.  It's super pigmented with out heaviness.  I always tap off the color on my brush onto a tissue before applying on my cheeks.  It doesn't have the creamy feel on your fingertips that Burberry would have, but it does have a finish that I really like on my cheeks.  Ravish is shimmery, but without overkill glitteriness.  As a matter of fact, the color works beautifully on my cheeks and the shimmer is not obvious.
In direct sunlight for a view of the texture and shimmer
Indirect natural light

I think this color is also very versatile.  I use it often with a smokey eye because I find it defines the cheeks with a good amount of drama without really competing color wise with the eye or with a deep lip.  Ravish tends to be my default cheek color when I use the Tom Ford Cognac Sable eye shadow quad.

Of the Tom Ford Beauty line up, I believe the blushes generally have received good feedback.  How about you?  Do you already own any of the blushes and are they worth the hype?  What do you think of this Ravish?

*Hmm.  It wasn't so terrible re-writing this.  But I refuse to write it a third time!

16 comments :

  1. Ravish is very pretty, but alas it is too warm for my skin. I swatched it and thought that it was just lovely. As you know, I bought Frantic Pink the other day, and I have worn it every single day since purchasing it! I really like it. Wicked is calling my name, and I am trying to talk myself out of it. Were you tempted by Wicked, or was it among your dupable shades? I definitely think that Burberry blushes are softer and creamier than Tom Ford blushes, but the sheen in the TF blushes is really lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're enjoying Frantic Pink! That is such a pretty pink. Looking at all my blushes, I think I'm missing a clear pink, so maybe Frantic Pink or Wicked might be a good one to get to fill the void.

      It's the sheen in TF that I really love, too! <33

      Delete
    2. Frantic Pink is just so pretty and soft! I wonder if Wicked is too close to a few blushes that I already have in my stash. Have you tried the TF Lip Glosses? If so, do you like them? I swatched a bunch of his lipsticks, and all of the nude shades were way too warm and opaque for my liking. The opacity is fine, but not if it leans too warm. I'm definitely thinking about Wicked though!

      Delete
    3. I'm permanently banning myself from buying any more lip glosses! I just never like them even though I think I want to try them. I haven't tried any of the TF ones, but some of them look pigmented and really pretty.

      I really like the TF lipstick, and really bummed they dry my lips out so much!

      Delete
    4. Smart woman. I'm such a lip gloss crazed woman that I tend to carry piles of them everywhere that I go- all of the time! The TF glossed look and feel really nice (based on swatching on my arm), but the price is so high for a gloss. Then again, so are the By Terry glosses!

      Yeah, lipsticks that dry out the lipsticks are a deal breaker for me. At some point I may try a TF lipstick if he comes out with a color that really woos me. In the meantime I am mildly obsessing about his Wicked Blush and possibly a lip gloss. Have a lovely weekend! <3

      Delete
  2. I have Frantic Pink, Wicked, and Lovelust. Because I'm fair, I find Frantic Pink is an excellent choice for day whereas Wicked is stunning at night. With a name like Wicked, how could it be any other way? LOL. My sister-in-law, with her light caramel skin, wears Ravish and it is gorgeous on her, but it just doesn't suit my coloring. Oh well . . . I really like TF's blushers, though. They're heavily pigmented so I use a blue squirrel blush brush which deposits a light wash of color while preserving the glow from the pigment. I love everything about the three TF's that I own. I don't even think the cost is much of an issue because I get a lot of use out of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen,
      You have a stunning TF blush collection! Maybe FP would be too light on me. Wicked may be a better pink with my recent coloring.
      They are so incredibly pigmented that I think I can make a scarce argument for value. (LOL!)

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely on your arm. I effing love Ravish! I think it's sophisticated, sexy and very versatile too. Love how pigment it is and the alluring sheen it creates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks even better on the face! :D

      I think this is my favorite makeup item from the line. It's totally sexy and perfect.

      Delete
  4. I really do like the color and "pigmented without heaviness" makes it sound so good. Do I go off my "I'm not buying TF$ makeup" phase? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! Give into the Dark Side Luke. Might as well try a blush.

      Delete
  5. Your blog is a one stop place for me to check about Tom Ford products. I find Ravish is too orange for my liking. But nonetheless the metallic shimmer is pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) Thank you! What a sweet compliment.

      Ravish is a weird color and I adore it so!

      Delete
  6. I really like the look of that shade, though I know it would not work on me. I am quite liking the look of some of the summer items, have only seen this post so far,http://beautygypsy.com/sneak-peak-tom-ford-summer-2013-collection-2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It think it would be too much for your pretty fair skin, too. Have you seen RBR's Habanera? That might be a better alternative for something terra-cotta-y.

      THanks for that link!! I hadn't seen that before. Looking forward to seeing it in person when it's out.

      Delete
    2. I have considered Habanera before but worried it would be too dark, might give it a try though so thanks for the rec :) I do wish RBR would expand their blush line x

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...