Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tom Ford Bronzer Brush

Might as well start wrapping up the rest of the series, eh?  Today, I break out the most bodacious, most gigantic and most dense Bronzer Brush from the Tom Ford brush collection.  This guy is one big, giant pile of goat hair.  For one such a brute, it is actually all refinement.  My goat hair comparison on hair quality actually featured this very brush and please try to trust me, there has been no change of heart from me on my feeling about the incredible high quality of the Tom Ford Goat.  Also trust me when I say that this is one very expensive brush.
Hi, George

I must confess, I don't even use powder bronzer, but I hope this post will show that this is for more than bronzers!  It is for petting, holding, cuddling and also calling George.  It does indeed bring out my best Abominable Snow Rabbit tendencies.  Apart from the holding him, hugging him, this makes a fierce setting brush for powder.



The brush is kind of oddly unbalanced looking to me.  The brush head itself is really huge.  When you pick up the brush, it is actually a really balanced brush.  The handle itself is big and weighty enough to balance the brush head beautifully in your hand.

Since I've pummeled the hair quality point to death (so soft! so fine!  so uniform in quality!), let's looks at the density of George.  Like the other face brushes from Tom Ford (Cheek and Cream Foundation), the packing of the hairs is super dense.  Since the hairs on the bronzer brush are long, the density feels uber-luxurious and soft.
If I go bald, I think I can cover my whole head by transplanting the hairs onto my head from this one brush

As I mentioned, I don't use this for bronzer application, though I think it would do an excellent job.  I do use it for applying loose powder and every once in a while, I also use for powder highlighter.  The super-packed density of the hairs allows for evenly picking up powder over the large surface area of the brush.  When I apply that powder to my face, I can either lightly brush on, or I can pat and pack on the powder.  The brushing gives a more lighter powder application of course, and the patting and packing really sets the powder in over my foundation.

Speaking of the large surface area, look at the side view of this brush.  It's almost like having a goat hair powder puff.  I guess I can make do with a stupid velour puff.  *angry glower*  But I can both pack/press and brush to a natural finish so I feel vaguely justified for owning such a luxury item.  And George, he's special to me.
Side view

By the way, I do also own another super luxurious face brush.  It's very difficult to compare goat hair to squirrel hair.  The Suqqu face brushes (cheek and face) are very airy in feel.  The application will feel feather light on your face as will the look.

So, you picking up the George?

19 comments :

  1. I want to meet George and pet him, he looks very soft and friendly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's super cuddly. I'm going to hold him, and pet him and SQUOZE him.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha!! I wanna name my brushes too!! This brush definitely sets foundation well with powder without over doing it. I also really like it to apply powder on bare skin on the rare occasions that I go foundation-less when running errands. I need to try it with highlighter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Some brushes deserve a name!!!
      I really like the very "finished" look this brush gives my face after I set with powder. And this guy is so big and soft. LOVE GEORGE!

      Delete
  3. Give George a hug for me - mabye he can get together with Lulu (TF blush) for a frolick in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous brush! I'm looking to get an all-over face brush and have been trying to decide between goat hair (TF) or squirrel (Chikuhodo, similar to Suqqu). If you had to choose between your Suqqu or TF, which would you choose? I know tough choice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you lob me a softball?! This IS hard.

      I'm wondering if the Chiku Z something would be a nicer alternative to Suqqu. My one big complaint about the Suqqu Face is that it's not very dense and super fluffy. Feels fantastic, but I need more density to pack on powder. (ooh, lemming for a Chiku created, when I really don't need another face brush!)

      That said, of the ones I have, I really love the TF. It has good form and function for what I'm looking for! :-) Hope to help... or confuse, as it were!

      Delete
    2. You just made it even difficult for me to choose between TF or Suqqu..or both! Haha. Your house should just become a flagship store for those who want to feel your soft makeup brushes.

      Delete
    3. You know whose brushes I want to cuddle? Sweet makeup Temptations. :D

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous brush..! I have the blusher brush and I can't wait to get a few more of the brushes when I have the budget ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is worth saving for, I think!!

      Delete
  6. pretty!! I'm so afraid to even look at them in person lol. PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go pet it in person!

      You will want to adopt one.

      Delete
  7. Funnily enough, you say Looney Tune inspired George, I hear balding (oh the irony), impossible to be around George Costanza, Seinfeld's character :p Absolutely no idea why on earth that is, but I never got over the analogy in my head! You write let's look at the density of George and there I am, laughing on my own :p

    Oh gods, I'm sick -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I LOVE Seinfeld. I LOVE how dispicable George is. That George is not nearly as snuggly as the brush George. Costanza can also get a full hair transp-lant from Brush George. :D

      Delete
    2. Oh Belly I cannot stand that little, little man! I want to skin him and make flip flops out of him :pp

      Delete
    3. Omg! I am laughing so hard! Can't. Breathe!!!

      Delete
    4. Happy to return the favour :) x

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...