Monday, March 18, 2013

Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color in Pink Adobe

I bought a second Tom Ford lipstick despite having stated, and documented on this blog post that this particular formula doesn't agree so kindly with my lips.  Why do I do this to myself?  Am weak, and am  a fool for a pretty color.  I was sort of hoping, and also convincing myself that with a less deep color, the formula would be more kind to my lips.
Pink Adobe is a beautiful neutral pink that really fills a void in my lipstick collection.  While I have a good mix of red, vamps, corals, MLBBs (my lips but better) and bright pinks, I'm lacking a rich and creamy mid-tone pink.
You got me AGAIN!



The pigmentation is really incredible with this lipstick.  The swatch below is one swipe of the bullet and look at the rich look of that color!  Stunning!
 Building up with a second swipe doesn't make the opacity any different because one swipe is really good enough for a fully opaque coverage and rich look.
One swipe (L); Two swipes (R) - Indirect Natural Light

It's a bummer because I do prep my lips really well before I go to bed and in general, my lips are well-moisturized and it good shape.  When first applied, that beautiful creamy opacity looks really fantastic on.  It's during its wear that my lips start to feel very parched and after a few hours and when I reapply, it just doesn't retain that initial lush feeling.

Plenty of people have said that they love both the incredible coverage and feel of these lipsticks.  I'm in the other camp.  I'm looking through a chain-link fence, watching other people enjoying their Tom Fords and I really wish I can be there, too!  So many of the colors are really intriguing to me, so it's really a downer.

What are your very favorite opaque lipstick brands and formulas?  Is it the Tom Ford?

19 comments :

  1. That is a gorgeous color! But, it doesn't look unique to me - I bet you can find something very very similar in a formula your lips like better. I'd probably take it to a department store or a Sephora and just swatch to find a dupe if it was me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm much better find dupes naturellement, which is mindlessly acquire and then slap myself on the forehead and go: why do I have som many of the same thing! I'll just wait and find some dupes in my collection in no time! :D

      Delete
  2. I completely understand -- I don't like the textures of most MAC products, but sometimes they'll just have a colour that's so perfect, I can't resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen MACs new rich lipsticks? They look amazing... wonder if worth checking out at the counters.

      Delete
  3. Thats a lovely colour but I just have to say no to getting any more of these. I'll guess I'll join you glaring through the chain-link fence ;)
    Thank you very much for re-tweeting my Chanel post btw, I can't seem to quite get to grips with twitter, keep forgetting its there xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nutty thing is, I saw how you didn't like your Indian Rose either (http://visionarybeauty.blogspot.com/2013/03/tom-ford-indian-rose-lip-colour.html) but I keep thinking: OOOH! SO PRETTY!

      Am very slow to learn, Me.

      Delete
  4. I find TF lipsticks really drying too but I don't mind that much as I hardly need another expensive formula to add to my shopping list ;). My favourite opaque lipsticks are Suqqu Creamy Glows + I also like the Burberry Lip Covers. I'm increasingly wearing only sheer formulas at the moment though -- probably because I'm lazy and they're low maintenance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosy,
      Please save me from my debilitating TF lipstick problem! D:
      I also really like the Burberry Lip Covers, but eventually they dry me out. I wonder if there is some ingredient in both the TF and Burberry that don't like my face. Suqqu CG's are really fantastic! I'm amassing a small army of 'em!

      Delete
  5. Lipstick Queen Sinners are fabulous (although can be drying on some people), but my favourites are probably YSL RPC and RPC Mats. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need some LQ in my life, though I am drawn to the Saints. (oh wait, wasn't I asking for a full coverage lipstick? I have zero attention span) I wish I could tolerate the YSL smell. For some reason, that very sweet fruity smell really bugs me!!!

      Delete
  6. I am totally agree with you that TF lipstick is drying! I have tried TF lipstick few times in the counter but never buy it in the end because I feel like it does not moisturized my lips very well. However the greed inside me still haunting me to get one of the Tf lipstick :p I shall control myself better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say try the sheer one and not these. The colors are pretty, and they look so schmancy fancy in their tubes, but eeeeeeh! So dry!

      Delete
  7. My favorite lipsticks when it comped to opacity and moisture = By Terry. Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no excuse! I must check out By Terry in person, right NOW!

      Delete
  8. I own 3 Tom fords, I have true coral, dusky pink and scarlet rouge. I really like them but the don't last as long as my Armani lipsticks. Tom fords are more creamy on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Coral is really pretty. Another one of my lemmings I will need to squish down forever. *sad* I will give the Armanis another look-see.
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  9. oooh pretty! I know I can never resist a good color too--even if its in a formula that I dont even particularly like that much! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You, too, Becca?
      I think I've finally learned my expensive lesson with these lipsticks though. On to the next... whatever it is!

      Delete
  10. I hear ya girl! I have this with some lipsticks too, they just don't agree with me. The only lipstick I have from TF is Diabolique, it's a matte but it did work on me. I still am very tempted to try another lipstick from the line but I'm looking into it tho.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...