Sunday, March 24, 2013

Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist Lipstick - EX-08 Sangodama

Updated on bottom**

This is my first experience with Suqqu's Creamy Glow Moist lipstick.  Suqqu describes this product as having the "feel of a lip balm with the luxurious color of lipstick."  I can wholly testify that yes, it does feel like a lip balm.  The luxurious color of a lipstick part?  Well, let's check it out.
The regular permanent line up of lipsticks are in the slim black case, while the Spring limited edition shades are in a white case with a smoothly textured iridescent finish.  The case will reflect pale green, pink and purple as you crane your neck around.  I mean, as you move the case around.
When I saw the promo pictures of the Spring LE products, I was beyond excited to see bright colors in the lipstick line up.  Suqqu duo chrome eye shadow palettes AND bright lipsticks?  Surely I've died and gone to makeup heaven.  I picked up EX-08 Sangodama and EX-10 Tsubomidama.  These are Creamy Glow Moist lipsticks and I've never tried those.  I'd been warned that the pigmentation is going to disappoint, but I had to try it myself.
Bright glorious and cheerful coral!
You ready for the swatch?


Gasp!
(L) one swipe; (R) multiple passes of the bullet
The feel of the lipstick is balmy and rich.  The color shade itself is a lovely peachy pink.  It really feels wonderful on my lips.  Unfortunately the combination of my pigmented lips and the sheerness of the shades makes this one very expensive lip balm.  The Creamy Glow lipsticks, which are the regular formula ones, are pigmented and lovely.  So if you have your heart set on a Suqqu lipstick, I really recommend you trying those out.  Those are amazing.  These... well, not so much.
A good friend pointed out that if I layer over a lip liner, the color would take on a beautiful finish and color.  I will need to give that a try as I am reluctant to let this lip stick go.

Do you have experiences with the Suqqu Creamy Glow Moist?

**  HEY!  THE MORE I WEAR IT, THE MORE I LOVE IT!  It feels fantastic on my lips and for a sheer color it lasts and lasts with a soft shine.  I was wrong, Blog!  I still would want more pigmentation, but I'm loving the soft look.  Maybe I don't need to look like a crazy hooker everyday?

18 comments :

  1. Ouch. That is quite sheer. I realllly want the dark red Creamy Glow, but will definitely skip the Creamy Glow Moists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The #17 Creamy Glow is stunning (and pigmented!). Yea, give these guys a pass. I see Summer has a whole new lip formula out called Bright Up lipsticks. I wonder what THAT'S about.

      Delete
  2. Darn!!! But I do love my lip balms!!! LOl!! Though prob not enough to buy these sight unseen. Such a bummer...but hopefully you'll be able to layer these well enough to get good use out of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did need a lip balm to keep in the office. :) Such a gorgeous color. Just doesn't translate so on mah FACE!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't like these. They are my absolute favourite lip products, but that's in no small part because I am too laaaaazy for v pigmented lipsticks. Also, I've decided my face can't carry off bold colour v easily so I'm a big fan of the sheers :). Super excited for the new lipsticks coming in May though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They feel wonderous, so I can see why anyone can love these. They feel really incredible. I wish it had just a teeny bit more pigmentation because this particular color is so lovely. I bet if my lips weren't so pigmented to begin with, I would have more love for it.

      I can't wait to check out the Summer lipstick, too!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my GOSH--I NEED NEED NEED this color! I was always curious about the Creamy Glow Moist lipsticks because I am OBSESSED with sheer balmy colors but for some reason, I always thought these were more pigmented. This is just PERFECt for me! Pricey yes, but I guess if I know I will get a lot of use out of it, it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, these are TOTALLY up your alley!!!

      Delete
  5. Aaaaw, I feel your pain :(. It looks so promising but the colour pay-off is just not there. Well I guess it's preference? I'm more of a pigmented lipstick kinda girl but I can see how there are ppl loving these. Still, it could be just a tad more pigmented maybe :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of preference, these are more lovely on than I initially thought. At the end of the day, my lips felt fantastic. :-)
      And maybe I need a sheer pale lip, too. *convinces self*

      Delete
  6. I kind of like sheer colours actually...this looks like it'd be really universal because it would just add a hint of softness to everyone's lip. It does seem pricey for a balm though...crap, that likely means I'm going to have to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) It is indeed a lovely balm, but a lovely Suqqu balm!

      Delete
  7. I prefer the Creamy Glow Moist to their normal ones, that is quite sheer though-yet still want it, I'd best wait for the rest of your Suqqu posts just to see how costly my wishlist will get ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like this is a better version of the TF sheer lipsticks. I'm kind of liking it a lot today! :D

      Delete
  8. Wow, suреrb blog lауout!
    Ηoω long have you ever been blogging fοr?

    yοu make blogging loοk easy. The ovеrall looκ of
    уour site is mаgnіficent, let alone the соntent
    matеrial!

    mу blog - private online chat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I am really looking forward to checking out your private online chat site! That SEEMS LIKE A MAGNIFICENT IDEA! THANK YOU FOR YOUR INVITATION!

      DO YOU CHECK OUT MAKEUP BLOGS OFTEN? I"VE BEEN BLOGGING A FEW MONTHS! I BET YOU CAN NOT TELL FROM LOOKING AT MY BLOG ARCHIVES. I'M SO HAPPY YOU LOVE THE CONTENT AND THE LAYOUT OF MY MAGNIFICENT WEBLOG. I AM SO HAPPY TODAY!

      Delete
    2. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! I love u Ms. B!!!!!

      Delete
  9. "Maybe I don't need to look like a crazy hooker everyday?" brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...