Monday, March 25, 2013

Suqqu Blend Color Eye Shadow in Sumiredama EX-11

I hope you won't mind a ton of pictures.  There.Will.Be.Pictures.  The fact that there are duo chrome shades basically doubles the words I need to describe these complex colors, and I think the pictures would be more illustrative of what I see.  Am supremely lazy.
The Limited Edition palette packaging is smoothly textured and white.  There is a faint iridescence that softly reflects pink, green and purple as I move the palette in my hand.  This palette differs in a couple of significant ways from the old quad format which has a matte base shade in some variation of white, a matte shade, a satin shade and a shimmer/frost shade.  In Sumiredama, all the shades are colored.  Not only are the colored, (GASP GASP GASP) some are even duo chrome!  I generally think of duo chrome shaded makeup as slightly trashy no matter how elegant the brand.  However, it appeals to my makeup heart which adores the shiny and the slightly gaudy.

Here are some pictures (more than normal the number of palette pan pictures I usually include in a post) because the colors shift and show off all sorts of different colors and flashes of shimmer.

Flash
Now all naturally lit pictures.  BeHOLD!




Some meaningless words on the colors.  The pale yellow actually shows up on my holiday tanned skin, which is a nice surprise for me.  I was basically going to write it off but am very pleased that it shows up so well.  Even though the lower left color flashes strongly duo chrome in the palette pictures -- veering green and then reddened purple, the strongest duo chrome on the skin is actually the taupe on the upper right.  Alrighty then.  More pictures.  Swatches were done starting from the pink and going clockwise:
4th color pulling reddend purple

See the taupe flash green and the dark color flash turq green


You just can't knock the duo chrome flash out of the taupe!
All shades are smooth and blendable as I would expect from a Suqqu quad.  I love the novelty of have these interesting colors and especially love the taupe.  The colors actually feel a bit more creamier than the old quads (1-8) and I find the pigmentation to be quite excellent.

Do you have your heart set on a Suqqu quad?  Which one have you sprung for?

18 comments :

  1. Sumiredama is lovely! I am loving my palette- so many options with one quad. The colours are so unique and the duo- chrome "oh so classy" - which is your favourite out of the limited quads -only have this one- are the others different enough to ALSO have.....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! They are classy in the very Suqqu way! I'm really enjoying the heck out of EX-11. I do think that EX-12 and EX-13 are all unique enough to justify owning all (if for the sake of having non-dupes).

      I actually only started to play with these Spring quads and really only with Sumiredama in earnest though. I hope I love the other two as well! :)

      Delete
  2. yup! I find that the pale shades show up very well on me too. I think it's 'cause the skin 'round mah eyes are all yellowy and pigmented - generally unappealing but does mean this palette works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie! I love this palette even more than I had hoped (from looking at pictures). Yellows is lovely. By the way, I ammend my stupidity. The CG Moist is superb on the lips. I am really enjoying it a lot more than I initially thought.

      Delete
    2. <33 I still find it the loveliest of the three but this release is proving quite surprising and ymmv even with people with similar skintones o_o ah well.

      teehee I saw the amendment *iz a stalker* but they are yummy aren't they? I still semi-lem ex-08 but haven't been to the counter in ages. and am just lazy ;) the red one from the fall is lovely too. sheer red!

      if you need to indulge again, shout! :**

      Delete
    3. :***
      The lippies ARE so lovely! I wuz wrong!

      Delete
  3. Love this one! It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adele,
      I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying this quad, too! :)

      Delete
  4. Ack!!! Can you believe I'm still not home and haven't been able to see my Suqqu goodies yet?!!! It's driving me nuts! LOL!!! Hopefully tomorrow *sigh* I'm happy you're happy with your amazing beauties!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gummy! You are going to love your goodies.

      Delete
  5. Pure sex. I'm so glad I caved early or the lem would have eaten me alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to open up my package. You're so right. This lem would slowly keeel you otherwise. Awesome le sex, via Suqqu.

      Delete
  6. I might be drooling right now. If I bought a Suqqu quad, this would be it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is really special! :) *tenderly wipes your drools*

      Delete
  7. I really do like this one, I'm still wondering if I should get the other two x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAHHH! I want to go to the counter and play with all the stuffs!!!

      Delete
  8. Yay finally the swatch is up!! That's so beautiful and I can't wait for mine to be delivered soon :)
    I am sure I made the right decision to get this one!

    Meryl @ Memoiselle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl,
      This one is GORGEOUS! I think you will love it!!!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...