Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long Lasting Eye Shadow in Snowy Egret, Unforgettable Oriole and Angelic Cockatiels

Rouge Bunny Rouge Recently introduced two new eye shadow singles, Eclipse Eagle and Snowy Egret.  I immediately picked up Eclipse Eagle and you saw in my review of that eye shadow how stunning it is and it's just the kind of murkiness that appeals to my sensibilities.  I originally passed on Snowy Egret, but it seems kind of like an simple and cool frost shade without the level of pigmentation I was looking for.

Lucky Bellyhead, I was one of the winners of a Rouge Bunny Rouge twitter contest and won both Eclipse Eagle and Snowy Egret.  So now, Snowy Egret is in my hands (along with a whole other Eclipse Eagle)!  I had a few opportunities to use it, along with pair it with Eclipse Eagle (bio-avian mutated genetic pairing for the win!).

Looks pretty simple in the swatch above, a frosted white that gleams silver.  It also looks not as evenly pigmented as what I love about Rouge Bunny Rouge shadows.  But look, there's a little more something special here in Snowy Egret.  LOOK:
Subjected to the direct natural light, a subtle pale gold begins to emerge.  Not so simple as I thought.

I thought a comparison to my other pale Rouge Bunny Rouge highlight shades would be interesting.  So I've trudged out Angelic Cockatiels and Unforgettable Oriole.  RBR does these frosted shimmers so very well.  Me gusta.
My birdie nest
As an aside, all the pans are in different format.  *eye twitch*  It makes me slightly nutty.  I think some flame-powered depotting will help me get them a bit more uniform though.  Angelic Cockatiels has more product in the pan, too.  *twitch*

Compared to its birdie friends, Snowy Egret does have the least impressive pigmentation, but it's complex shimmer keeps up with the best of them.  I mean look at that multi-colored shimmer, especially in Snowy Egret and Unforgettable Oriole.
Another look at the colors, a bit further away so you can see the pigmentation better.
I particularly love the slightly rosier Angelic Cockatiels and Unforgettable Oriole is a beauty.  Snowy Egret is a nice addition to the pale bunch, though.

There is no Belly-resting until I've collected all of them!  *RUEFUL SHAKE OF HEAD AGAIN*

16 comments :

  1. I have swatched the two new ones and they are so pretty! And Angelic Cockatiels has been on my wishlist for a while now, I'm hoping Beautyhabit has a sale soon (since they have the cheapest US shipping).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get to pick up any during the Zuneta sale? I think RBR inventory pretty much blew out then. I got Whispering Ibis and Bejewelled Skylark during the sale.

      Delete
  2. Love the comparisons of all three! I've resisted buying more RBR so far- I have Un Oriole and 3 others which I do love. My next purchase might be their matte shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their mattes are really top notch!!

      Delete
  3. I love them! I have Unforgettable Oriole and Snowy Egret, and they really pull different on me. I mostly use UO as a highlighter - brow and inner corner - but Snowy Egret I can use on the lid, too. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super tan these days. If I used SE on my lids, it would look stark white! :)
      UO is really so pretty!!

      Delete
  4. me again, I'll just stare at your lovely photos and make grabby hands, don't mind me..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing we're separated by a big ocean, because I grabby hands back at you!

      Delete
  5. Wait, was there a design change in the packaging or something? Why are they all different? I usually bake my packaging to loosen the glue -- I tried the whole flame thing a few times and the burning plastic smell made me feel so sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me see if I can recount what I know in terms of the packaging and content weight change. They were originally make as singles (or the two duos) and a while back (a year or so ago), they introduced the smaller refill format. So if you depotted, you'd have two different sizes if you also had a refill. THEN they took some of the old colors and re-sized them to be uniform in the single format. SO, you can have all sorts of different sized pans. *TWITCH TWITCH*

      (I kind of like the melted plastic smell)

      Delete
    2. After reading your most recent post I realized we had a very similar conversation here LOL. And that is so, so irritating. That is some inconsistent product development right there. It makes me want to be like, PICK ONE BEFORE YOU RELEASE THEM =P

      (ahahahahahha)

      Delete
  6. Wanna know something funny? Snowy Egret turns mint green on me! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O That is amazing! I think we need to line up a swatchathon with all the different colors SE turns on people!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on winning the contest!!! I fully expect to see pan on eclipse eagle one of these days since you have 2!!!!! Lol :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...