Sunday, March 3, 2013

Comparison Burberry Lip Cover in Deep Burgundy vs Tom Ford Beauty Black Orchid

A reader commented and asked about how Burberry Lip Cover in Deep Burgundy compared to Tom Ford's Black Orchid.  (Hi, Whitney!)

I took some quick swatch pictures of both to show how they compare.  Apparently, quite different!

Tom Ford looks more blackened in the tube.  In the swatch, the black translates to a more plummy coolness.  Here it is:
Formula-wise, I prefer the Burberry which has a deep pigmentation which is also married with a feather-light smoothness.  Tom Ford certainly is gorgeously pigmented, just has a patchy and high-maintenance formula which seems to want to suck all the moisture out of my lips!

Hope this was helpful!

6 comments :

  1. I love both brands . TF feels like more moisturizing to me. The colors are very different. Maybe tis the screen.
    Thanks for the post :))) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black Orchid is GORGEOUS for sure!!

      Delete
  2. You are awesomesauce! I saw this and was so excited and then I realized this post was for me. Thanks for your time and effort! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw! I hope enjoyed it! Um, as much as you can enjoy reading a blog post. :))

      Delete
  3. It's so crazy that a pigmented lipstick like Black Orchid would NOT be at least somewhat moisturizing. Do you wear balm with it or just go with the dry feeling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the regular formula of the TF lipsticks are very moisturizing. :/
      I always have balm underneath to prep the lips. I may reapply once during the day and then go ACK!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...