Saturday, February 16, 2013

Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Caviar BK912

About a year ago, I purchased a jar of a MAC Paint Pot in Black Ground.  I wanted to use it to do a quick smudgy smokey eye, or to use it as a base color upon which to layer and intensify bright eye shadows.  I used it for a few short months before noticing that the shadow began to pull away from the sides of the jar and ultimately became dried out.  I probably could have tried to revive it, but I hadn't been tremendously impressed with the pigmentation or how it blended.  I picked up this Shiseido cream shadow as a replacement.


I may be on a bit of a Shiseido kick these days and have a lot of affection building up for their lovely products, especially the eye shadow singles.  Having tried the smooth as silk cream shadow, I continue my delight with the brand.  I guess I'm going to have to see if the product dries over the months, but for now, it feels lovely to apply and easy to blend.  It sets and become immobile.  As usual, I use my eye shadow primer (Nars) under all my eye mkeup.

Here are two swatches.  On the left the color is applied with my finger and layered to produce a very opaque swatch.  It's a lovely warm black with multi-color shimmer.  The shimmer is more apparent in the sheered out swatch on the right.  It is also applied and blend out with my fingers and the shimmer is definitely there.   I sort of wish it was a matte black as it would be a more versatile base when used with other colors and wouldn't compete, but I love how it looks so dimensional and deep all by itself.

Applying works wonderfully with fingers, which is my usual tool of choice for cream-type eye shadow products, but also does well with a brush.  Your usual blending brush should work well, especially if you are going for a more diffuse application.

What other favorites from Shiseido do you think I should keep my eye out for?  I'm gazing longingly at the newly reformulated Perfect Rouges.

15 comments :

  1. I like this shade, it's universally flattering and so easy to use! I think those Shiseido Cream Eyeshadows are quite underrated, I really like them. Caviar makes a great base for a smokey eye as well / Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These really are underrated!! I agree, Claire, it makes an awesome base for a smokey eye. It's so beautifully smooth. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello
    I have not used my Black ground in ages- hope it has not dried out- This Shiseido cream shadow looks worth a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe yours held up better than mine! I was really bummed out with my Paint Pot!

      Delete
  3. Is really pretty color and can be a multitask product, with that on necessaire you have shadow or eyeliner!
    I love the shiseido concealer and the shimmering cream shadows (that i forgot name right now) soon I will be try the lipstick that i heard so great things ^^

    talk about multitask i will tell something that I tried:
    Yesterday i have a surprise party of a dear friend and forget my eyeliner and dont have any black pencil on my purse I use my mascara like eyeliner and be very satisfied with results (luckly I be if my eyeliner brush lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Great multi-taking, Gabi! I heard about using mascara to add a smudgy line by the eyelashes, too. I'm glad it turned out so well!!! :)

      Delete
  4. Ha I keep putting the Shiseido cream shadow in my cart, then taking it out and putting back on shopping list...back in cart...back to shopping list...LOLOL!!! Do you have any of their other colors in this formula??

    Have you tried storing your cream shadows upside down? I've read several times on MUA that it helps to keep them from drying out and pulling away from the sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put it back in the cart, Gummy! I was only looking for a base shade for my bright colors, so I only have this one. But the other colors looked very nice in person, too. You should get some... for research for greater mankind.

      I did store the MAC upside down. I don't know why it dried out so fast. :(

      Delete
  5. Hey Bellyhead,
    I have the same color as yours for more than a year and it still works very well for me. If you like bright colors, Shiseido has a nice purple in their collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation for the purple! They have a very pretty pale pink as well I liked. I will need to check that out as well as the new Perfect Rouge lipsticks. I'm so glad yours is lasting well.

      Delete
  6. Caviar makes an excellent base for brights and jeweltones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Dain, I'm going to layer some of my bright RBRs and see how it looks. Now, only to find an occasion to wear such a look...

      Delete
    2. I use black gel liner, which I figure is like a cream shadow but more pigmented, as a base for dark / smoky eye looks sometimes, but I've never used it below brights. I must try this!

      Delete
    3. Dark/Black bases really do make the brights pop!

      Delete
  7. Yay i love nars primer! :) I have always wanted one of these, but never could decide on a color! Will have to take another look! YAY

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...