Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long Lasting Eye Shadow in Eclipse Eagle


Say hello to my latest Rouge Bunny Rouge eye shadow acquisition.  This is the brand new Eclipse Eagle that was introduced along with its hatchling nest-mate Snowy Egret.  Snowy Egret didn't catch my eye, but as soon I saw pictures of Eclipse Eagle, I said to myself:  "Winner winner, chicken dinner."

I can't believe this is the first time I'm putting up an RBR eye shadow on Wondegondigo.  I know I showed off my impressive loose pigment collection before, but look!  I have a lot of the singles and refill-format eye shadows.
Hoarder

Back to Eclipse Eagle.  RBR describes it as the richer, darker sister of Delicate Hummingbird and aye, indeed it is.  It is full on iridescence and a deep murky plummy steely hue.  Since words fail me, some pictures to show off our new EE.


The cool plum tones are there, but more predominant are the steel grey murkiness along with the strong iridescence.

There is a very indeterminate quality to the color that along with the angle and the light turns from purple to steel grey.

On the eyes, the color is even murkier but that is not a bad thing.  It makes an incredible smokey eye shade.

Much like my experience with most of the eye shadows I own from Rouge Bunny Rouge, it is richly pigmented and smooth.  It has a slightly creamy feel to the powder that makes blending to be easy.  The glitter you see in the top pan shot does not translate into fall out or grittiness.  I was really pleasantly surprised as how smooth this eye shadow felt.

Some pictures comparing Eclipse Eagle to other sisters in the RBR nest: Solstice Halcyon (one of my favorite taupes), Delicate Hummingbird (as cited by RBR as the sister) and Trumpeter Koel which has a similar iridescent texture in the pan.  Eclipse Eagle and Delicate Hummingbird are related for sure, but Eclipse Eagle has a pleasing murkiness that I really am liking.  Trumpeter Koel in turn is quite steely blue compared to the others.


 One more shot to show off the prettiness of these two beauties.
Have you seen the new Eclipse Eagle yet?  What RBR eye shadow shades have you tried?  Do they compare favorably to other brands in your collection?

P.S.  Follow me on twitter.  I posted some pictures earlier last week, so you can be ahead of the game.  :)

16 comments:

  1. Mine just arrived yesterday. I'm so excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it on the morning after I received it!! I hope you like it as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. You must have esp or something because I've been looking at RBR on beautyhabit last night and all day today! LOL! So beautiful!! Is that a duo I see in the big palette of depots? Which one, and how do you like it? Must say it's fun catching a glimpse into your stash!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye shadows have the floofiest names. The pretty neutral duo is the A Minor F is Major, I think it's called. It's really nice.

      Delete
  3. I want Eclipse Eagle. And also the rest of your RBR eyeshadows, so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have accumulated a big collection of them over time. I find them to be tempting and appeals to my "got to have them all" mentality! :)

      Delete
  4. dude, the RBR eyeshadow names confuse the heck out of me lol. pretty shade though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think RBR needs to hold a "name an eye shadow" contest. It sure gets the creative juices going! :D

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, I must have that, soon as I get some money I'll be going a RBR spending ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw the promo pics, I placed the order. It is beyooootiful!

      Delete
  6. That is a stunning colour, I'm feeling very tempted now! Many thanks for the comparison swatches too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, MB! Every time RBR releases these new shades, I feel a compulsion to buy them. It's a SICKNESS I tell you!

      Delete
  7. So beautiful! <3 How much do these retail for? Agh, I'm so jealous of your depotted beauties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The refills are slightly less expensive than the full single. http://www.zuneta.com/shop-by-brand/rouge-bunny-rouge/rouge-bunny-rouge-nest-of-plenty-eye-shadow-keeper-refills.html
      Here is the link to Zuneta. Make sure to log in to see prices ex-VAT. :))
      I've trashed some during my depotting adventure unfortunately. D:

      Delete
  8. So happy to see a great swatch of this. This does it then, I need Eclipse Eagle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Isn't this one so pretty, Annick? I hope you like it as much as I do.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...