Friday, February 15, 2013

Ellis Faas Mascara

I had recently posted about the Ellis Faas concealer, which despite the wonky brush is my favorite under eye concealer.  I was contacted by the company and they informed me that the issue with the splaying brushes have been corrected.  This is good news; I can now repurchase my favorite concealer without any misgivings about the packaging.  They also very kindly offered to send me their mascara, which is what I'm showing you today.

Parenthetical stuff:
(I do have a general disclosure and PR policy to the blog, so if you have an inkling, please do take a look.  My every intent is to be fully honest to you in how I really feel about any product, so rest assured, if I don't like it, I will say so.  If I like it, then it is my pleasure to share the information with you and also to add something fantastic into my collection.  Afterall, I am all about consuming beautiful things.)

In the spirit of truth, I'll be posting some pictures of my face.  At least, I'll post pictures of one eye so you can really see if what I type is true or not.  I'm camera shy as far as the blog is concerned, so this is a big deal of me.  Please be kind!  I've recovering from the flu, so my eye does not have the normal maniacal gleam as it normally would.
The mascara packaging is the Ellis Faas iconic silver bullet.


The brush is rather long, but I much prefer this shape to a very bushy large brush.  Those brushes tend to smear the product on my lids, but this one applied the product just to my lashes and did a nice job as well.

I'm not sure you can see so well in this picture, but look at all the excess product at the base of the brush as well as on the tip.  When you remove the wand from the tube, it pulls out much too much product; it is way more than you would use more many eyes!  Also as you place the wand back in the tube, if you don't wipe the excess off, will make a bit of a mess at the opening of the tube.

So, here is my one eye.  I'm wearing a little Shu Uemura hard pencil in Seal Brown on my brow and a little bit of the Ellis Faas concealer under my eye.  I did curl my lashes, but you can't really tell as my lashes are short and fine.

Hello there.

Perhaps the pictures will do most of the talking as is usual in my posts.  I was impressed with this mascara.  The black is super black and the creamy formula added both volume and length to my skimpy lashes.  For the amount of volume, I was pleased with how soft my lashes felt.  I was also surprised, since this is not a water proof formula, that it really held the curl.  It is not waterproof, so I didn't put it through any kind of real performance test, but it held up well without flaking or smudging.

The formula is a bit on the thick, wet side.  Making sure to take off excess with a tissue and applying very thin coats seem to be the best application method with this mascara.  Otherwise, gloppy clumps will likely happen on your lashes. 

Two very thin coats
Holding curl!

I think this is a great mascara.  If the functionality of the packaging had some refinement, I think this could be an excellent mascara for me.  What do you think?  Have you tried the Ellis Faas mascara?  What are some of your favorite mascaras?  I currently have something like 5 or 6 tubes of mascara open right now!


**This product was provided by the company for my consideration, free of charge.

8 comments :

  1. lol maniacal gleam! i'm glad to hear you can repurchase the concealer. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love that concealer! I was so happy to hear the news!!!

      Delete
    2. You and BB are making me way jealous with your lashes!!! Gawd, mine are so stumpy in comparison!!! LOLOL :-) Hey Belly, what eyelash curler did you use?

      Delete
    3. BB's lashes seem to love Japanese mascara!! I think you can make an educated guess on which curler I use. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you dear belly!
    I have been interested in this mascara for some time, as my love of Ellis Faas products grows - her products are world class!
    I may need to add this mascara back on to my 'to buy' list :D
    Tell me, have you tried her eyeliner?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) Hello, my dear Bern! EF products are really swanky, aren't they? You should definitely check out her mascara. I'm very impressed with what it did with my non-existent lashes. I've not tried the eyeliner yet, nor any lipsticks! I need to brand out a bit.

      Delete
  3. I love the package of products of EF, is great see that is more than a beautiful package!!! Normally I don't care so much for mascaras because i think be too much on me (call me crazy lol)!!!!!
    This one works amazing, your lashes is so defined and curled, is great =D
    About your shy, i understand and share the same feeling, this photo really good for see the results, so congrats for that for us =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)) thanks for your sweet comment, Gabi!!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...