Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ellis Faas Concealer

There is a makeup brand famous for under eye concealing products.  I remember going there looking for a foundation and being told that I must conceal the area under my eyes.  I remember waffling at the counter while the SA tried the foundation and concealing products on me.  I think it looked kind of odd having such brightened and light under eyes, but being largely susceptible to counter hard sell, I went ahead and purchased everything.  Since then I've evolved a bit on the finish and coverage I want under my eyes.  Luckily, I can be a bit choosy because even though I am prone to bags and dark circles when I'm exhausted, normally, they are not so terrible.  Sometimes I use a light-reflecting pen (Clinique) rather than straight up concealing.  When I do, conceal, I use Ellis Faas' concealer.
Splayed brush!  ARGH!

Yet another quibble with Ellis Faas product container.  I use this almost daily and the brush fibers get caught on the edge of the cap as I press down and then THAT happens.  That aside, I really like this concealer.
Shade S203

Slightly blended with my fingertips
It has a medium-ish level of coverage and for my piddly circles, it performs brilliantly.  In addition to the coverage, I really love the finish of the concealer.  It looks perfectly fine patted lightly with my fingers and lightly set with powder.

But recently, I am so happy to have found a use for the brush that I really despise.  The RMK eye shadow brush M (I think).  So scratchy and bulbous that it would fit my eye sockets if they were the size of a soup bowl.

I use this RMK brush to lightly blend the concealer and it looks magically natural!  How nice is that?  (The little red vertical line going down my arm next to the now invisible swatch is the mark from my pony-tailer holder that I slept with)
Pretty good, right?  Anyone else a fan of the Ellis Faas concealer?

Update:
Recently the company contacted me to let me know that the brushes have since been fixed in production, which is nice news!  I would love to know if had a recent purchase and can confirm if you have no issues with the splaying brush.  Thank you!

10 comments :

  1. i haven't tried anything from ellis faas that i can remember... well maybe i swatched something once but forgot lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. It didn't make such an impression on you, huh?

      Delete
  2. I heard that Ellis Faas has a very good lipstick but I have not tried any product from the brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I heard the EF creamy lips are incredible. But after this concealer and an eye shadow, I'm not sure I want to deal with the applicator again.

      Delete
  3. Hey!
    I am on a bit of a concealer binge since I am prone to puffiness thanks to a hinky jaw and prone to headaches! I have tried a few Ellis Faas shadow products and always forget I have them. This concealer looks good- I was looking at the By Terry one or possibly the $$$ Le Metier de Beaute fancy one- what do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These EF pen applicators are such a pain! But the concealer is lovely. I've heard the ByTerry one was really nice, but I haven't tried it and I've not tried the LMdB either.

      Have you access to Burberry? The concealer is nicely pigmented with good coverage. I've just not had any luck with color match in that particular product.

      Delete
    2. No access to burberry- BUT- my brother will be in London for two days-BUT- as luck would have it the Burberry warehouse has been out of stock for two weeks and still no luck- he is being a wonderboy- and collecting some Burberry Spring products from Harvey Nichols for his dear sister! Thats why I though I might get the By Terry one?

      Delete
    3. You have such a patient lovely brother!!

      Delete
  4. Your "Splayed brush! ARGH!" photo is priceless.
    Thanks for the giggles.
    Cue Boo:Belly belly bump!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...