Monday, February 25, 2013

Edward Bess Defining Lip Liner in Natural

I think this lip liner only comes in one color - Natural.  It's Edward Bess's pared down sensibility which seems to say, there is only one eye shadow brush, one face brush and only one lip liner color needed!  In my case, this is a really nice lip liner that is very similar to my natural cool mauve lips.

I purchased mine from Bergdorf Goodman, but having since been released into Sephora, it's become a more of a deal, coming with a second refill versus just the one when I bought it.

The twist up mechanism brings up a rosy mauve color.  The formula is very smooth and creamy and is a slightly darker color than my natural lips.  It makes a lovely base upon which to apply lipstick and help its longevity.  It also is a beautiful color to enhance my lip line.
I'm almost at the end of this product (wow!) and purchased a Burberry lip liner in Rosewood as a replacement.  We'll see how that one performs against this Edward Bess one.

7 comments :

  1. I only have one liner - a Chanel one in Beige. It's just the wrong my lips color and I can't believe I let the SA talk me into it!! Well in her defense it did look good in the store, just not in real life. LOL :-) This one looks pretty, and I'm excited to see what you think of Rosewood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might as well pick up Rosewood with me Gummy. Looks pretty good but haven't tried it yet. :))

      Delete
  2. Wow, almost finished! I have a couple lipliners including a clear one, but I almost never use them, I guess I just don't see the point - unless I use them as a lip color. I'd rather just reapply the lipstick. It is a gorgeous color though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never finish anything! Go me!
      I like my Maybelline clear one, too.

      Delete
  3. I'm not a lipstick girl, but last week found me looking for a natural, "my lips" lip liner. What the?!!
    It was a short lived search as everything I tried (4 pencils, heh heh) were drying and made my lips feel like they were going to fall off. 😵

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...