Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chantecaille Lip Chic in Sunrise

A few weeks after purchasing and using Amour, I went ahead and purchased Sunrise.  After all, one lonely lipstick rolling around by itself is terribly tragic.  Right?  Right?  I was looking for a more vibrant color with a punch of warmth and Sunrise looked to fit the bill.

I won't say much about the formula of these lipsticks, except to say that its emollient and lush texture has been a nice treat for winter winds and temperature.  So a quick post today, of the pretty color itself.

Sunrise is a lovely coral rose and looks fairly coral in the tube.
On the skin, you can see the pretty rosiness becoming more prominent.

(L) one swipe (R) Layered swipe



I tend to turn everything cool and pink toned with my pigmented mauve lips, it turns very bright pink on my lips.  I think it's the dense pigment on a clear base that has a lot of translucency allowing the natural lip color from showing through.  And actually another layer of color makes the color more coral on my lips and a bit more true to bullet.

Grey winter days require some pretty brights.  Don't you think?

19 comments:

  1. I love how the texture of the Lip Chics look. Yet another item that is gradually moving from my "could try" to my "must try!" list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emi, you MUST try one of these!! I'm so impressed with the feel of these. And I particularly really like Sunrise.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhh this is pretty. It's the colour I wanted Cle de Peau #129 to be I think...need to try this for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are a lot less slippy than any CdP I've tried. I very much prefer these. I hope you get to try Sunrise. IZ PRETTY!!

      Delete
    2. Ooh, that's good. I do find the CdP super slippy, I think I prefer my lipsticks to have a little more 'put' to them. It's late, I'm not even sure that was English LOL.

      Delete
    3. "Put" is excellent! I totally understand what you mean!!

      Delete
  3. Nice colour!- lip chics are amazing in texture- I also have only one LONELY one rolling around....mmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't have that! That's like a big lipstick no-no! :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, this is gorgeous! The color reminds me of Lipstick Queen Jean Queen! Happy almost birthday, honey!!!!!! Got the white dress yet?! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday, too my dear fiancée!
      I'm ready as is the hers and hers rooms all ready for our makeup!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you!!!!!!!!! Sounds superb!!!!!!!! Are you going to cave and buy from the Barneys Love Yourself Bag Event- running during our birthdays? I did a mega post with lots of information on step-up gifts!! Of course some things may differ from your NYC store! <3

      Delete
    3. I saw all the goodies and the brand gifts which are soooo tempting. I may check it out in person since it literally is a block away but I think I will save my for my upcoming Suqqu Spring purchase. It's going to be a whopper.

      Delete
    4. If you are holding out for a mega Suqqu haul- you should probably just sing LALALALALALALA, the song of denial, during the bag event. Plus, if you have what you need- you can aways partake in the next one since it's right around the corner! Dying to see the Suqqu damage you are going to do! :-)

      Delete
    5. :) There will be some Suqqu to be boughten!

      Delete
    6. I have not yet entered the fold of Suqqu. I still haven't even made my first Tom Ford purchase. I must be so far behind the curve, my dear fiancée! :-)

      Delete
  5. Mmm that lipstick looks so soft and pretty! It's nice that it layers so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It layers well and feels so nice on the lips! :)

      Delete
  6. I already love it when it's swatch in one swipe and love it even more when it's two swipes :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...