Friday, February 1, 2013

Chantecaille Lip Chic in Amour

This is my first Chantecaille purchase in close to 10 years.  I used to use their products many years ago, but then drifted away from the brand as I have that tendency to flake and drift.  I have been hearing many positive things about the brand including a lot of love for their Lip Chic lipsticks.

The color Amour is from a relatively newer release, from Fall 2012.  It's a pretty neutral rose that is very easy to wear.  Lip Chics have a very thick, rich feeling without a lot of slip.  It reminds me of putting on a very rich and thick lip balm like Nuxe Reve de Miel.

While the actual wear time is standard, it does have a feeling of it sticking to the lips and moisturizing it.  My only quibble is that it does feel kind of heavy on the lips and I like very light formulas, but I think for the lip conditioning aspect, it is a worthwhile trade off.

The neutral color does pull cooler on my mauve lips, unlike the swatches you see here.  Easy lovely color, eh?  It is not completely opaque and did require 4 passes of the bullet on my arm to get to these swatches.  (I've omitted a picture of the bullet fully extended.  It looked as if I'd been gnawing at it-- which I haven't!)  I really like the subtle gleam on this color.

What other products from Chantecaille do you love?  The famous Limited Edition palettes?  More lip chics?

Speaking of more Lip Chics, I have a brand new Sunrise Lip Chic I'm wearing today.  I'm liking this range mucho very.

10 comments :

  1. That is a pretty, pretty color. I would love to try out the Lip Chics someday. How do they compare to something like the Fresh Sugar tinted balms, if you've tried those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the free birthday ones from Sephora last year. I bought a Coral recently which is lovely. The Fresh ones are kind of fiddly and fragile (the minis anyway) and has a much slippier and thin texture than Lip Chics. The Lip Chics are super rich feeling. I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never actually tried a Chantecaille lipstick. It's one of those brands that I'm afraid if I start using it, I'll never stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right! I purchased one thinking I just that Amour...I've already bought Sunrise this week and love it.

      Delete
  4. gummy and i played with some at the counter recently, and I really liked their texture! i'm scared to want them though. although i suppose their price is not unreasonable! I'm just scared. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! You and gummy get to go makeup shopping together!!! :)
      Seems hard to stop at one of these lip chics.

      Delete
    2. I have this and Sunrise so you need two!

      Delete
  5. Chantecaille :) I love the brand and just recently caved into one of their eyeshadow palette. This lipstick color looks good and creamy. I love creamy lipstick!
    Anyway my love for your blog is growing, love your product choices and brands :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love and appreciate your words of encouragement so much! :) thank you!!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...