Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chanel Joue Contraste in Fleur de Lotus

Chanel Joue Contraste in Fleur de Lotus was part of a Asia-only release which was later released last year by Nordstrom in conjunction with its anniversary sale.  It is the baked formula which I've heard is less preferable to the North American formula which is supposedly more pigmented and smoother.  I personally only own Fleur de Lotus so don't have a point of comparison, but I have no problems with this blush.  I purchased mine in Asia thinking it would be so nice to have something so exclusive and hard to find, but of course it has since become more widely available.  Funny things are a purchase motivator for me, including exclusivity.

Nordstrom seems to be out of stock at this point, but it's still at Chanel.  If you have been pondering a purchase, I suggest you act now.  These Chanel limited editions do not seem inclined to stick around (like Chanel Notorious).

As you see in the pan, there is a warm fine shimmer that imparts a radiance on your cheeks.
Beautiful finish
It's a coral pink that is so flattering on my cheeks.  While I am not exactly inclined to run out and buy all the Chanel JCs out there, I am quite pleased with how this color adds a little feminine softness to my blush collection.  I even like the strong rose scent.

Have I ever told you how I am constantly drawn to the same things over and over though?  Uh oh.  Hello, Burberry Blossom.  Here's what happens when I'm not diligently aware of what I already own and what colors are likely to suck me into the vortex of mindless consumption.
They are not exactly dupes.  Blossom is slightly darker with a faint brown tinge and the finish is more matte.  It's just that small differences in finish and slight shift in color isn't enough to actually make a big difference on my face.


If you are unable to purchase Fleur de Lotus, then Blossom may be a great alternative.  Actually, Blossom really holds its own.  As you know, I love Burberry blushes and I do think they have some of the loveliest textures and finishes around.  I understand that Blossom is out of stock and hard to find at this point.  I've been hearing rumblings of it being discontinued.  Is this confirmed?  Anyone able to weigh in with the facts?

I guess the sane question for me is to decide whether both have warranted its place in my blush collection.  Well, Chanel IS Limited Edition and it's a little souvenir from my days in Asia.  And Blossom IS amazingly soft and pretty.  Uh, next question...

6 comments:

  1. I was literally just recommended this by becca from the beauty sample! im sad it's asia-only though. I'll look into the burberry version, thanks for the comparison swatch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fleur de Lotus is still available on the US Chanel site. Click the link in post. Oddly enough, it's the Blossom that is impossible to find these days.

      Delete
  2. I have Fleur de Lotus!!! Yay!!! So I don't have to get stressy about not finding Blossom :-) I love the color. Wore it quite a bit last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Win!
      Definitely don't go nuts about finding Blossom.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I have been contemplating to get Fleur de Lotus but haven't got it till now. Now that I see your swatches of the beautiful color, I think I need to get this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FdL is really a sweet color. Is it readily still available in Asia these days?

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...