Friday, February 22, 2013

Burberry Beauty Lip Mist in Rosy Red

My local Burberry Beauty counter has been very generous with samples and I've had the luck to get a Lip Mist sampler.  In it contained a teeny portion of four colors: Copper, Rosy Red, Blueberry and Feather Pink.  The more I explore the tightly edited line, the more I fall for Burberry Beauty.  I sampled Rosy Red for a few days and went out a purchased a full size tube.
Not often I post a brand new lipstick here!

Burberry now has three different lipstick formulations.  Lip Mist you see here today is the sheer lipstick, Lip Velvets are the matte lipsticks introduced end of last year and Lip Covers are the regular lipsticks. All three feel very light on the lips despite the pigmentation level.  Now that I have a sampling of all three, I declare I am so happy to have gotten Rosy Red.




Lip Mist has a particularly lovely formula.  Of the three from Burberry, I particularly like this.  Its sheerness makes it easy to apply quickly and the color can be built up to a more deeper hue, but still has the pretty translucency of the formula.  The finish is really a pretty shine.  It's not as rich as the Chantecaille Lip Chic formulas, but still feel a bit of cushion and moisture on the lips.  The wear time is about average for these sheer type lipsticks on me, which is to say, it is not long lasting.

The color in the tube is a deep pinkish red, but it applies into a beautiful sheer red.  A quick swatch will impart just the right color to give my lips a nice reddened shine, but a second layer will build up the color into a more deeper rosy red!  The name is really the color!  If you are looking to incorporate a little bit of red into your routine, this is really a luxurious and easy way to do it.

Just for fun, here's the little sample card from Burberry and swatches of the shades.  Copper is a warm nude with some nearly imperceptible golden shimmer.  Blueberry is a deep sheer cool burgundy.  Feather Pink is a neutral pink with the same fine golden shimmer as the Copper.


What are your favorite sheer lipsticks or pigmented lip balms?

14 comments:

  1. I really love these little sample cards. They've made me want Feather Pink... would it be bad to get Rosy Red as well for the name? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally named for you AND really a pretty red! Resistence is futile, Rosy.

      Delete
  2. I love the look of Blueberry, I need to go back to the Burberry counter near me (actually about 35 minutes away) and test it out! Rosy Red is also quite lovely, I bet it looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blueberry is right up your alley, Emi! I'm glad you have a counter kind of by you.

      Delete
  3. Hey Belly!
    This red is perfect for when I am not feeling too Bold! Definitely on my list of wants.Enjoy wearing it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodi! I saw this one on your list of Valentine reds. I really love the feel of these sheer lipsticks. :)

      Delete
  4. I don't have any Burberry lipsticks but something tells me I would love the Lip Mists. As for my favourite sheers? RBR Murmurings, Ilia Arabian Knights and W3LL People Lip Shine #3 are probably my top 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane,
      I think you would get on really nicely with these Lip Mists. I really also like the RBR Murmurings too. I don't think these are as juicy, but still lovely.

      Delete
  5. Wow, that looks very beautiful! I'm really into rosy-reds lately and this seems like something I should give a try! Feather Pink looks really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving all the ones I've swatched. Feather Pink is so very classic and pretty.

      Delete
  6. I've been lusting after Copper and Feather Pink...need to add Rosy Red to the list too!! Thank you for the swatches!! What other makeup are you wearing when you wear this beautiful Rosy Red??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Copper too! Such a pretty nude but in general I'm not a huge nude lip fan. I like my reds paired with low key things these days. Maybe just a smudged liner, mascara. How about you, Gummy?

      Delete
    2. The last time I wore a semi red lip was over a year ago when we were married!!! I layered NARS Afghan Red over NARS Damage. Think I wore NARS douceur blush & a semi smudgy brown eye look. It was pretty clean look though, main focus was the lips!! Lol

      Delete
    3. Sounds like a beautiful look! I never layer lip products, even gloss or lipstick. :)
      Bet you were a beautiful bride.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...