Friday, February 8, 2013

Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens

I thought there would be some magical primer or powder that would help keep my oily nose from firing off like a shiny beacon into the day.  So far, no such luck.  I've tried a few different things and some are good to middling. 

I'm coming to the conclusion that it's less about the potions and the primers and more about something even more basic.  It does seem to help when I make sure my skin is well hydrated, which is kind of counter to my years-old strategy of scrub and strip.  In addition to that fundamental change, I've added something super basic to my day: the blotting paper.


I found that just topping the face with more pressed powder during the day made the powder cake into a vile, cakey disgusting layer on my nose which made itself even further disgusting by settingly into my nose pores.  Ew.  I've been using the Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens, which is an un-powdered fine sheet which does an admirable job on the herculean task of mopping up the oil.
Slender profile; portable

Shiny disaster is averted and over which I can (if I feel motivated) powder my nose.  Simple and effective and comes in a small package.  I've purchased another one as I think I'm down to 1 last sheet in the 100 sheet pack.

What's your oil averter?  Have you found a potion or are you low-tech like me?

4 comments :

  1. I really like the Boscia blotting sheets too!! I still have some old Sephora matte blotting film sheets that I'm trying to use up. I was annoyed when they discontinued them, but then I discovered the Boscia and have been more than happy!!! They work better and they are cheaper. Yay for good bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great? Thank goodness for these things.

      Delete
  2. My face is an oily mess by lunch time, so blotting papers are a must for me, I use Clean and Clear ones. I need to ask my US friend to get Boscia for me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are worth a try. Thank goodness for blotting papers. I heard the Clean and Clears were really good though.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...