Sunday, January 27, 2013

We Don't Need No Fancy Goats!**

Lest you think I believe only insanely expensive brushes are up for the task of good makeup application, let me show you the brushes that I still reach for occassionally.  And actually before I lost all my marbles and beauty-related things took over my hobby life, I kept my makeup tools and makeup collection very minimal.  I was literally a 2 lipstick, 1 blush, 1 foundation, 1 eyeshadow and eyeliner type of person.  I used no mascara.  I think you've seen some of what I own now and know I'm a little different now.


In terms of brushes, here's what were my sole makeup brushes:
  • Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush -- This thing is so fluffy and soft.  It's like have a cuddly little pet in my brush cup.  It is not very dense, but for a airy and light application of powder, this works very well.  Hairs are "natural" and I'm not really sure what they are.  Available at Target.  (here's what I use these days: Suqqu Face Brush, Tom Ford Bronzer Brush)
  • Lancome Eye Shadow Brush -- This thing is from a Gift with Purchase from over 10 years ago.  I used this on every eye shadow for a long time.  I think this is natural hairs and feels like a pony blend.  It's slightly scratchy, but is very dense and picks up pigment very nicely.  Sorry, I don't know where you can buy one of these!  :-)  It's limited in function and really functions best for applying a wash on the lids versus any detail work.  (what I use now: Tom Ford brushes, Suqqu L, M, F brushes, and MORE!)



Well this post was my attempt to look sane, but 10 years since these brushes were purchased, I did go completely nuts.

I'm curious, what old makeup and brushes have you kept over the years that you still love and hold on to for sentimental reasons?

**Fancy Goats refer to my general posts on Tom Ford Brushes, on which I am completing a series of reviews.

12 comments :

  1. I still have an eyeshadow brush that I got free in a magazine about 5 or so years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my first ever eyeshadow palette that I bought when I was 15. It was my only makeup item and I still keep it till now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have anything that old in my stash! :-)

      Delete
  3. HAHAHA-- I have the same exact Lancome GWP brush-- I should have figured that oyu would have been the only other person on earth to have it! I use it all of the time and love it! Mine doesn't feel scratchy though. Excellent post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO WAY! Now I know we are soulmates. Marry me! Think of the giant stash we would have. Our Lancome brush would have a friend. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I will marry you! We can register at Barneys, Neimans, Saks, Nordstrom-- all in their makeup departments of course. Our Lancome brushes could hang out together while our Hakuhodos and Tom Fords could reproduce! SOULMATES FOREVER :)

      Delete
    3. Brings the white dress out... imagines hairy babies.

      Delete
  4. lol i love the idea of this post! I think i've gotten rid of all the things in my stash that are that old! plus, I wasn't super into makeup till college!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten rid of all old things, but I like these brushes a lot! :-)

      Delete
  5. I really like the shape of the Sonia Kashuk powder brush but they don't sell that brand here unfortunatly.
    I'm currently using Ecotools brushes and I quite like them, they are very soft.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...