Friday, January 11, 2013

Tom Ford Eye Shadow Contour Brush

If the Smokey is my favorite, then this one isn't too far behind.  This is the Eye Shadow Contour Brush.

 The shape of the brush head is unique: it is gently domed and longer on one end than the other.  It also seems slightly denser on the longer end than on the shorter end.  The goat hairs on this brush head are very densely packed.  As with the other Tom Ford brushes, brush head is composed of exquisitely soft and fine hairs and feels soft on your eyelids.  The length of the hairs graduate into a thin edge.


I do not have any similar brushes in my collection to show you.  Here is what the Tom Ford Contour Brush does particularly well: if you place the longer side flush against the outer part of your eye, it places pigment adeptly into the outer V.

I myself am not particularly fond of the traditional dark shade on the outer V, medium shade on the lid and another deeper shade on the crease eye look.  I prefer pigment that is dark and built up around my upper lash line.  Again with the brush placed with the longer hairs near to the outer part of my eye, I can line a thinner line of color near the inner part of my upper lid line and a more built up line of color on the outer end of my lash line.

It is versatile enough to wash color on the lids, dense with tapered brush end to line a dark shade against the lash line and shapely enough to color the outer V.  Not bad for one brush!
Having used the Tom Ford brushes consistently for a few months now, I'm appreciating how well the eye brushes are keeping its shape after washing, as well as retaining it's white color on the hairs.

This brush is definitely earning its keep in my cup of brushes!  What are some good multi-functional brushes you enjoy in your collection?

12 comments :

  1. This is a really interesting / unique shape, I am intrigued. You are making me want all the Tom Ford brushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehee. They look really awful at the counter, too. If you buy and want to look at it, make sure they show you a brand new one and not the grungy used ones!

      Delete
  2. YOu have great collection of Tom Ford Brushes! I wanna try the eye brushes too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! Thank you so much! I know you love the face ones. You should try the eye shadow ones!! :))

      Delete
  3. Hi, I came across your blog while researching Tom Ford brushes and am really enjoying reading all your reviews! I've been contemplating getting two eye shadow brushes - this one (guaranteed purchase now that I've read your review :p) and the blending brush. What do you think about the blending brush? I don't have a crease and not much lid space so I've been struggling to find a suitable blending brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Gwen! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'm so glad you are reading the brush posts. :D The blending brush is excellent. If you are looking to build up a Tom Ford brush collection, that is a great addition. If you already have a few other great ones (like a MAC 217) you may not need it.

      Delete
  4. I need this brush. Hakuhodo doesn't seem to have anything close to this and while it is a splurge for me, I can see myself using it a lot of outer v and crease. Only if MAC didn't discontinue their version but it's a great excuse to try TF brush. Your pics are wonderful btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Hakuhodo does have something, but I wouldn't know because it makes my eyes go cross-eyed when I'm navigating their site. TOO. MUCH. STUFFS! Thank you. I'm glad you are liking the pics! :))

      Delete
  5. i would love to have this brush but EEEEK I can't be allowed to look at tom ford brushes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They get to be a pricey habit! :)
      I really enjoy your blog! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I dunno how many times I've ended up here. Lol. I can't decide if I need it or not. Well, I do need it but price is making me hesitate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, pretty eye. You need it. For science. :))

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...