Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color in Alchemy RD709

Shiseido eye shadow singles are winning over my heart, but I'm trying not to fall into it with the drunken stupor of a sailor on shore leave.  I had purchased two eye shadows, you know, just to try it and see how I like it.  Yup, I like it.  I mean, uh-oh, I really like it.  Serpent was my other purchase, and today I show you this beautiful neutral, Alchemy.

Alchemy has the same almost frail, soft texture of Serpent and goes on with the luminizing finish indicated by the product name.  While certainly not frost, this is really a shimmer finish color.  I am really impressed also by how complex it looks on my eyes.  With just smudged brown eyeliner at the base of my lashes and Alchemy applied all over my lids and slightly past my crease, it was a complete look.  The multi-color shimmer and light-reflective quality of this color appears to deepen in my crease and all the low points of my eye, effectively highlighting and shading all the right areas.




This is such an easy and beautiful shade!  I'm trying to keep my voice down so that I don't start to squeal like a little girl.  No jumping up and down and running to the Shiseido counter flinging my credit card at the SA either.  I will be very calm about my next purchase.  Very calm indeed.

8 comments :

  1. What is this calm that you speak of??? Is it a new lipstick shade? LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm suspecting you may be making fun of me.

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I hear nothing but good things about Shi's eyeshadow formula, but none of their 3-pans appeal to me colorwise. This one though, is lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 3-pan palettes confound me. I'm too dull to know how to place those colors. Takes too much brain power!

      Delete
  3. This is really pretty. Oh no :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trios may be more visually arresting, but I wonder why the singles are so often overlooked. They are more manipulable, and the exact same quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Dain. I don't need to work so hard to figure out how to place the colors with the singles. I only have Beach Grass at this point, but would only buy more singles and not any more trios. Much easier for me.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...