Sunday, January 6, 2013

Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color in Serpent GR711

Don't you hate it when you buy one item from some line and then feel that inexorable pull that makes you fall head first?  Yes, and that concussion makes you feel it is necessary to buy all of it?  (Hello, Tom Ford Brushes and Rouge Bunny Rouge).  I'd shared with you a while ago my deep affection for the Shiseido Lip Lacquers, especially in Drama.

I have to admit, Shiseido really wasn't on my beauty radar which tends to be really myopic.  Actually, I used a fair bit of Shiseido when I was much younger having used several foundations, the Pureness skincare range and having purchased many skincare items for my mom.  And I think you know me a bit now, I got distracted by other brands and trinkets and then moved way on.

While I lived in Asia, Shiseido is a big presence.  In addition to the regular main-name Shiseido line in the department stores, their many other brands (Shiseido Maquillage, Majolica Majorca, Cle de Peau etc) are in all chanels of distribution like drugstores, department store counters, duty free shops.  ALL OVER THE PLACE.  If anything, I like sparkly accessible things, so I've been diligently swatching and checking it out.

The Shiseido eye shadow trios are a little, uh, artistic for me.  I'm not really too keen on the color combinations which require a bit more creativity than I can muster so I've been looking at the eye shadow singles.

(BLAH BLAH BLAH.  Yes, I know, show you some more pictures!)





 Click on the picture!  You can see some minutely fairy-dust delicate shimmer colored in pale gold, bright-pale green and diffusely scattered pink.  I mean.... AGH!
These are finger-swiped swatches layered about 3 times to get to this opacity.  The formula is very soft and smooth.  I don't think I have the guts to attempt to depot this for fear of total annihilation of the pretty shadow.   These singles remind me quite a bit of the Chanel single eye shadow texture.  It lasts very well over my everyday eye primer and feels so lovely going on.



Color is not for the shimmer-phobic among us.  *strokes your head*   'S ok.  It is well worth checking out your local counter and see if the other colors are appealing to you.   I've also bought a beautiful neutral, Alchemy.  I will show that to you... you know... at some point.

A note the Shiseido color names.  Refer to the numbers of the colors when you are speaking with your SA.  They don't seem particularly familiar with the names even though the website refers to it.

Are you a fan of Shiseido in its many brand incarnations?

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh. That shimmer is so pretty. I think there's a color called - Ghost, maybe? - that I've had my eye on for a while now, and just never got to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghost: THAT COLOR! So beautiful. These eye shadows are worth a look!

      Delete
  2. OMG what a pretty shimmer! I have only tried shiseido cream eyeshadow. They work amazingly too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard nice things about the cream shadows! Thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...