Saturday, January 12, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blushes - Depotted and Swatches! (Updated)

* Updates on the bottom.

I shared my last disastrous effort when I tried to depot the Rouge Bunny Rouge eye shadows.  Undeterred by impending disaster and better judgement, I decided to have another go at depotting.  This time I pitted myself against the blushes.

It is very burdensome when all I want to do is melt some plastic and pry out some pretty pans when my brain keeps telling me not to do it!  Good thing I'm so excellent at ignoring voices in my head, because look what I did:
Aggle flabble!
I've depotted into a new-style Unii palette.  Nobody died in this attempt!  No pans were blasted into smithereens, no fingers were slashed by sharp tools and depotter was only slightly dizzied by melted-plastic fumes.

Heh heh.  I'd like to thank my good friend Bern from Diabolus in Cosmetica blog who encouraged me with her words and with this post.  Flame, it's all good.

Individual pan pictures below:





Here are a few swatches on my arm, in various natural lighting.


Yeah well, my photography skills (or NON-skills) are pretty lacking and I can't capture the beautiful radiance in the applied color.  On the cheek I find the colors are glowing and so pretty without any obvious shimmer.  So why do I have 5 and not all 6 of these blushes?  Well, because the 6th won't fit in my palette and I've run out of arm to swatch it on the blog, of course.  Duh.

Based on a few emails, twitter conversations and my dear friends commenting below, I added a few comparison pictures that you may find interesting.  Also please excuse these especially lackluster photographs.  In addition to clouds, we've been experiencing some full on FOG that obscures any thought of decent sunlight today.

What's RBR Delicata like compared to Burberry Earthy Blush?  Earthy is more brown toned compared to the pinker Delicata.  Delicata also has a more pronounced (but super subtle) shimmer compared to the more matte, but still luminous Earthy.  Both are AWESOME!

If I don't use Habanera that often, what do I use for Terra-cotta blushes?  I like a bit more reddened liveliness on my cheeks.  I usually go for Tom Ford Ravish, which has a fine gold shimmer that gives extra dimension to the cheeks without any glitter chunks.


Okey dokey.  Hope you found the comparisons helpful.

19 comments :

  1. They fit so perfectly! I LOVE the texture of RBR blushes (and eyeshadow). I have Orpheline, had Florita (sold it because the color was too similar to Orpheline), and am considering Habanera & Delicata, but unsure how they would look on me. I'm NC20ish now, a bit darker in summer - what do you think? You look like you might be similar-ish in skintone to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't their powder products so nice? I think I'm still a bit darker than you and Delicata still shows up on my face. It's a great: "hmmm, no obvious blush but cheekbones still look good" kind of a blush. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but I wear Habanera the least. For me it's not a truly versatile color because if I want the subtle but awesome blush, I wear Delicata and if I want something Terra-cotta and rich looking, I have a different, more unique alternative I use. :-) I know! I'm so wordy!

      Delete
    2. Belated response, but this (& the additional picutres) are so helpful! I think Delicata will be my next RBR blush purchase.

      Delete
    3. great choice, Emi!! Delicata is really lovely.

      Delete
  2. Delicata and Gracillis look beautiful...definitely going on my list for whenever I finally decide to jump down the RBR rabbit hole! Ha ha!! Congrats on a successful depotting venture! Woooot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Thanks, Gummy! Those are both beautiful blushes.

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this brand before, but they look and sound so lovely!!

    I have an international giveaway on my blog, hope you will enter..
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to check out Rouge Bunny Rouge. It is one of my favorite brands!

      Delete
  4. My dear belly, how I adore thee - a magnificent post! Your depotting looks amazing!! :**

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Bellyhead- we are so on the same page. Such makeup twinsies we are. I just posted RBR e/s swatches this morning!! This is a fantastic post-- I only have Gracilis and Florita. I have thought about Delicata for a very long time- and am torn between that and Burberry Earthy. Which do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola! Obviously you need BOTH! Hope the comparison above is helpful there! :-) I only use Earthy for contour (so use quite often). Delicata is my go to SUBTLE BUT AWESOME blush.

      Delete
    2. Just what I need-- two MORE blushes!! Thanks for enabling me!!!!!!!! <3

      Delete
  6. Very neat :) swatches made me confused as whether I want orpheline or florita. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its great to see them together, I do really love their blushes, wish they would bring out some more shades though not nearly enough in their line up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of glad their blush offering is so small. Otherwise, I would have a bigger RBR-sized hole in my wallet. :)

      Delete
  8. Bellyhead, this is an impressive RBR blush collection. They are purrrrrrty!
    I don't have anything like Orpheline. It looks like a wonderful pick-me-up type of blush.
    Thanks for updating this post with the comparison swatches.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...