Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Burberry Lip Glow in Mallow Pink

This is one of my two purchases from the Burberry Spring 2013 releases.  My other purchase was the new blush in Coral Pink.  Me, a lip gloss.  I'm going to try hard not to tell you about why I don't generally like lip glosses (sticky, no lasting power, hair sticking to lips, shudder! etc).  I'm going to tell you what drew me to this little item.

It's dreary winter here now.  The clouds are hanging overbearingly low and an evil fog has been malingering over this region.  I wake up in the morning and the skies are dark, it is chilly and the sun has foresaken me!  (I think I need a sun lamp or something)

I've been looking wistfully over the Burberry Spring images looking at the bright cheerful colors.  Of the Spring offering was this one particular Lip Glow in Mallow Pink.  Apprently (thanks Google), Mallow is a plant considered a weed and from which blooms this happy pink flower. 
Source
Here is Burberry's rendition of Mallow.  Nice gleaming case.  It's a little scratched up on the clear part of the container.  I don't keep anything sharp in my makep bag, so I'm not sure why it's so banged up however.

The color seems a bit like a lightened up cherry red, running definitely blue on my skin and on my lips.  On my cool lips, it definitely runs into a bright, deep cool pink.  I'm really liking this color.  It is pigmented and can be worn alone and without another layer of lipstick underneath.  It is really helping me face these grey days and makes me feel a teeny bit of Spring is here... you know, on my FACE!



Anyway, on the formula, it feels smooth going on.  The tiny gold shimmers do contribute to a slightly gritty feel, but not terribly annoying to me.  It is not a very sticky formula and the wear time is as I would expect for a gloss, about 2 or so hours.  The SA mentioned a staining effect, but I haven't experienced that at all in my wears of this pretty color.  I think this is due to my general Teflon skin.  Oh yes, lest I forget, it also has the floral scent as do their other lip products.

What are you intrigued by for Burberry Spring?  Anything catching your eyes?

12 comments :

  1. I'm really intrigued by the glosses, especially the supposed staining effect - I read somewhere that someone did find that they stained, though now of course I have no idea where I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've seen that in a whole bunch of reviews! When I tried the YSL glossy stains, it didn't really stain on me either, so I think I'm immune to the effect. Becca Beach Tints don't really stain my lips either. (am bizzarro girl)

      Delete
  2. I'm not a fan of glosses but seem to keep buing them :) I ordered the eye shadow and brighter pink gloss from their spring collection but I like the look of the one you got as well, still guess I shouldn't be greedy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate glosses! I don't know what possessed me. Pink Sweet Pea is the LE one right? That is pretty and bright. I had to take ahold of myself and not grab that one, too, since I have to remember I barely wear glosses. No blush for you, Replica?

      Delete
    2. Yep, its the LE one, thought I'd best go with that one as I can't stand potential regret ;)
      The blushes, whilst they look very pretty from what I have seen online, I know would be too bright on my very pale self :)

      Delete
    3. Ahahaha! The Regret LE factor is a powerful force. I have resisted it many times and suffered the consequences! Yes those blushes are super bright. Good call.

      Delete
  3. lol teflon skin. lol. anywho, this color is so pretty! i got pink sweet pea today, though perhaps i should have considered ALL THE SHADES!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That LE shade was so pretty! I see we have the same makeup buying strategy: buy allllll teh things!

      Delete
  4. Hey Bellyhead,
    this is a very pretty color. I am thinking of getting this one too and the hydrangea blush :) Soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those both would be beautiful on you!!

      Delete
  5. UGh I tried to hard to resist it but dammit I want !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resistence is futile. You will be absorbed into the Burberry Collective.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...