Saturday, January 19, 2013

Burberry Beauty Light Glow Natural Blush in Coral Pink

In addition to the Light Glow lip gloss in Mallow Pink, this was my other purchase from the new Burberry Beauty releases for Spring 2013.  They introduced two blushes in this capsule, a bright fuschia called Hydrangea Pink and Coral Pink.  I had a chance to play with both at my local counter and found both blushes to be oddly and surprisingly quite similar!  I posted this on Twitter the other day.  Coral Pink is the slightly warmed up color on top and Hydrangea Pink is the one on the bottom.

Hydrangea Pink, while truly stunning and lovely in texture, is too similar to Tom Ford Narcissist which I also own.  (tah dah!  I can walk away from something!)  If you do not own Narcissist, this is worth a closer look.  Coral Pink however seemed more unique in my blush collection.  Let's look closely:

Stupid fingerprint magnet

Burberry blushes have some of the nicest feel I've experienced.  It has a truly exceptional feel of softness and a creamy plushness which does NOT translate to heaviness on your cheeks.  Rather, it looks seamlessly married to your skin and adding the glow that is in the product name.  Same qualities are present in Coral Pink in my opinion, but slightly powdery in texture.

However, unlike Earthy, my contour product, Coral Pink is very pigmented.  Unless you really want to go all out clown, I urge you to practice your lightest hand, perhaps rubbing off some excess pigment on a tissue before applying.  It is easy to blend, but incredibly pigmented.  I had good success with a fan brush, because even my Suqqu cheek brush picked up too much pigment.  Yeah, woah.

On to the pictures of this beauty.  Coral Pink seems a lot like the Hydrangea Pink but with tiny shot of warm coral in it.  Meaning, it is a cool pink with a dash of coral.  Why do they call it Coral Pink, anyway?  Seems like a big misnomer to me.  Still, have to admit, it is a beautiful color in the pan and on the skin.


Some comparisons you might find interesting or helpful:
Tom Ford Narcissist, which is my stand-in for Burberry Hydrangea Pink, and Burberry Blossom, which is a real corally pink!



Isn't it funny how orange Burberry Blossom looks compared to the relatively cooler pinkiness of Coral Pink?

And for a extra comparison, a swatch of Estee Lauder Wild Sunset added:


What have you been interested in from the Burberry Spring collection?

19 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful shade on you! I didn't get it because it looked like it might pull a little too much red on my skin, but after seeing it on you I think I'll need to go swatch for myself! That is crazy how orange Blossom looks. Ok, fess up...how many Burberry blushes do you own? Ha ha :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty and very un-coral! I don't think you need both Hydrangea and Coral pinks though.

      I have a lot less than my comments may lead you to believe!! :)

      Delete
    2. ok! If you say I don't need both, then thanks for steering me in the right direction :-)

      Delete
    3. Don't trust me with anything! :P I'm just thinking that once you blend it out, it would be awfully similar on the cheeks. But GUMMY! BLOSSOM. Get thee some Blossom!

      Delete
    4. Ok, ok...blossom...noted!!! I'm going this week to exchange gold pearl so maybe I'll pick it up!! Any favorite colors of their lippies (other than lip glow)??

      Delete
    5. I believe you shall need to try the sheer lipsticks. ROSY RED! STAT!

      Delete
  2. How pretty!! I still think it's a bit odd that they launched very similar two shades in the same collection but individually they are both still very pretty. They must add more colors to the line!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Burberry should add a but more variety than nuance to their blushes! Both are really beautiful though.

      Delete
  3. I don't have Narcissist, so I think Hydrangea Pink is in my future! I normally would want Coral Pink as well, but the two are so similar and I'm so cool-toned that I think Hydrangea Pink would be a better fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent choice! Hydrangea Pink was stunning. I don't regret Coral Pink, but I do wish it were a bit warmer and more coral.

      Delete
  4. LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY!!! This must be the forum for Burberry Addicts Anonymous-- Yup, anywhere where Gummy, Rachel, Bellyhead and I are found to congregate.... Though there are some missing addicts- i.e Joyce and Becca! LOL! And the demented frenzy continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAA!!! BAA!!! lolololol :-) love it!!

      Delete
    2. There is a disturbance in the Force. BURBERRY has taken over!

      Delete
    3. We have boarded the Burberry Mothership!! It's ready for take-off!

      Delete
    4. Of course @LipstickBoulevards! The Burberry Mothership is prevented by law from leaving you behind :D

      Delete
  5. Great swatches- I missed out on the Tom Ford one so Hydrangea will probably be my pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Hydrangea Pink was even more pigmented than Coral Pink. It is really beautiful!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...