Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tom Ford Brush Collection Overview

These brushes I've been adding to over the last year or so since the launch of Tom Ford Beauty.  Some I enjoy more than others and some I prefer vastly over others in my entire brush collection.  And at least one is a total dud.

When I purchased these brushes for the first time, I got a very nondescript answer about what hairs these brushes are: "Natural."  They appear to be goat hair, but the hairs are very thin and fine and especially evident in the face brushes, they are very soft.
Little goat that resides at the Central Park Zoo.  Not a Tom Ford goat, you see.  But I can imagine a posh Upper East Side goat should be contributing to a luxury makeup brush.  
The handles are a gleaming dark brown, with polished gold ferrules.  They wash cleanly and without loss of any errant hairs.  The face brushes balloon a bit in size, but I do not use any brush guard type apparatus to keep the shape when drying or storing.  This does not affect the performance.

The Collection (Tom Ford deserves a capital "C" at least because of the money I've spent of them):
in a clear acrylic cup from MUJI

Over the next few weeks, I will be posting more detailed reviews of these brushes as well as comparisons to some others I own when applicable.  I think comparing brushes is important because I really need to know if I'm justified being smitten with these or if others I own really should be good enough.  Afterall, I'm trying to become a better and more discriminating consumer.

Some more view of the Tom Ford brushes I have in my collection:
ALLLLLLLL of them
From top: Cream foundation; Shade and Illuminate; Bronzer; Cheek 
From Top: Lip; Smokey Eye; Eye Shadow; Eye Shadow Blend; Eye Shadow Contour
Do let me know if there is a particular brush you'd like to see first.  I won't post them all in a row.  I suspect many of you are more sane than I am about brush love and would rather see pretty makeup.


9 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog from a comment on Drivel about Frivol, and I've read back about ten posts or so, and I really enjoyed! You have great taste, and I love it when bloggers showcase RBR/Burberry/the like.

    I'd rather you didn't review the TF brushes because I do not need any more brushes! Or so I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adele,
    Thanks for checking out my back posts!! :D I don't have good taste; I just like all fancy shiney things!

    If you pick up one TF brush, it becomes a weird force that compels you to pick up another...and then another... and then another.

    xoxo Belly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been feeling pretty chuffed after I finally purchased a set (sans the crazy exy face brush!) of Suqqu brushes thinking 'I'm done now, no more brush temptation now that I've got these'.

      Then I randomly stumbled across your post on the TF smokey eye brush. And then I read some more... and now I have 6 TF brushes!!! How did this happen?

      Delete
    2. Magic. :)
      Are you liking the TFs? So I'm seriously contemplating getting a second smoky. I LOVVVE that one.

      Delete
    3. I love them! To me they serve a different function to Suqqu which is how I justify owning both *shifty expression*
      Suqqu's great for achieving a light veiley look but the TFs are what you need for really packing on pigment. Plus the TF smokey eye brush kind of fills the void left by the discontinued Suqqu S :*( Well not really...nothing can fill that void! They need to bring it back!

      Delete
    4. Oh, woe. Don't bring up the S. Makes me sad I never got my hands on one. D:

      Delete
  3. Oooooooooooh, Bellyhead! I can't wait to read your reviews. I have been wondering about his brushes-- you really did a nice splurge !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW-- I love the vision in my head of a posh Upper East Side goat-- LOL!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I tried to pet it (her? him?) to see how soft it was, but it kept on trying to eat my scarf!

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...